[COMPETITION] Write a Christmas Card for The Rainbow Cards Project 2019! Watch

AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Kaz,

What do you call a frog hanging from the ceiling at Christmas? Mistletoad! ...sorry, that was terrible, I hop you'll frogive me.

Wishing a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Decade to you, fellow anime fan!

All the best,

AJ
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello Augustina,

I hope you have a very merry Christmas and manage to see Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker over the holiday period! I'm personally very excited to see how they end the sequel trilogy and I'm sure you are too as a fellow Star Wars fan!

Remember that no matter what happens, there are always people who care about you and the whole LGBTQ+ community is there to support you. You are never truly alone!

I wish you a very happy and healthy 2020, and I hope you see in the new year with your favourite Arctic Monkeys song!

CS, member of The Student Room
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey Alex (8),

I am Groot…Okay I won’t torture you with just saying I am Groot, I’ve asked Rocket to be ever so kind and deliver my message to you! Galaxy colours omg they are beautiful right, its so amazing being able to travel the galaxy, you should join me and Rocket, you’d have an absolute blast! And Marvel comics! God I love Marvel if you can’t tell . Do you have any pets? Dogs and cats are so cute, I would like to get one but then again we have Rocket :mmm: *Wait Groot what did you just say??!!! * whoops . I hope you have a lovely Christmas filled with happiness and joy, keep smiling because you are destined for great things. Wishing you a wonderful new year also filled with happiness and joy. Take care

From Groot
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hi adam (1)
i hope you have a lovely christmas this year and remember there will always be people who care about you. you are a wonderful human being and should not think of yourself as any less.
hope you have a happy new year too!!

from manu
Vexper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can I ask the age range of the recipients? I don't mind writing a few. I just don't know what my audience is lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Isabel!

I've just booked tickets to see English National Ballet next year - after seeing my first ever performance in Prague from Czech National Ballet just recently... I've went totally Ballet crazy! Since coming home I've seen such a small range of perfomances by smaller companies in the UK and touring ones from Europe. I trust you have your favourites yourself? I'm not much of a dancer, but I do find a lot of joy in spectating. My goal is to see Royal Ballet at some point, I just live at the opposite end of the country so it's such an expensive trip including the tickets! Hopefully you have (or have had) the opportunity to see them. I really want to see Balanchine's Jewels - since my mother used to design costumes for perfomances I find a lot of emphasis on the costumes to be really awesome. It's nice to see someone with the appreciation for Ballet - honestly in the area I've grown up... Ballet was not really 'accepted' for guys so falling into hobbies/passions like Ballet was not common. Think growing up in the era of Billy Elliot, it was a bit like that for guys where I lived.

I hope you get to see Nutcracker or some other christmas-y performance at the theatre this year. Bless your heart - do take care of yourself and I wish you the best for 2020.

Warm regards,

Vexper from TSR.
----------------------------------

(will write a few more)
Last edited by Vexper; 1 week ago
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Tillie,

Fellow Slytherin huh? I would wish disaster on all the other houses this Christmas but I'm sure they'll manage it themselves anyway, bumbling fools. I trust you have a green hat and scarf ready for the coming bad weather? I hope it's got bits of silver in it, can't be a true Slytherin without that! If not, you can always make up by adding silver jewelry or something, honestly it would make it a very subtle shoutout to other HP fans. Although, most other house members are particularly witless so they'd never realise, only Slytherins have enough furniture upstairs to recognise the tell-tale signs of a fellow student.

I hope you have a fantastic Christmas, there's actually a lot of community-driven recipes online for random Harry Potter food - a lot of it is quite Christmas-y. Do treat yourself if you can find something yummy!

All the best. I wish you a fond 2020.

Vexper from TSR.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Zahra,

I just wanted to drop you a line to wish you a very Merry Christmas! I hope you are able to enjoy this season, and that you like receiving this card. I think getting physical Christmas cards is so special. I love buying cards and sending them to people! I'm addicted to Paperchase, it's my favourite store. I live in London and can never resist popping by the flagship Tottenham Court Road store opposite Goodge Street Tube station if I'm in the area. And then I wonder where all my money has gone, haha...

I hope you get loads of cute notepads at Christmas or if not, that you can buy yourself some in the Christmas sales. I love sunflowers too but I guess it's the wrong time of year for them. Fun fact: last year November, I went to Amsterdam and to the Van Gogh Museum, just to see his famous 'Sunflowers' painting

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2020, and know that I am thinking of you during this season.

Take care,

Shan from TSR
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Zoe (1),

Just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2020! I hope you are able to enjoy the season and that you have lots of purple tinsel to decorate wherever you are staying with!

I love poetry, films and music too (art as well, but to a lesser extent. My feet always hurt when I go to art galleries!). What's your favourite Christmas song? Even though you can't tell me directly, I'll be thinking of you whenever I listen to my Christmas playlist this year.

Take care and lots of hugs,

Shan from TSR
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey Wes,

How are you? Just dropping you a line to say that I hope you are able to enjoy the festive season, and that you have a great Christmas and a happy and healthy 2020! I see that you like band and choir - is that watching or participating yourself? I'm a music student and though it's a long time since I played either of my instruments (piano and violin), I love listening to Christmas tunes (sacred and secular) and belting out a good old Christmas carol. Fun fact: my favourite carol is O Come All Ye Faithful. Gotta love that descant! (Even though I don't have a good voice or a high enough pitched one, I like to give it a try!)

Take care and wrap up warm this winter, Wes. I am thinking of you during the festive season,

Shan from TSR
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Friendly reminder, tomorrow is the deadline for posting your messages if you want me to send them for you! :eek3:
Thanks very much for the reminder, and for doing this! Having started at letter A and gone down a few letters, I've jumped to the Z and will work my way up a few :banana:
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello Spencer,

I hear you like bunny rabbits. The first ever book that I read and cherished was about bunny rabbits. It's called Watership Down. Have you heard of it? If not, I would highly recommend getting the audiobook, it's narrated by a bloke called Peter Capaldi who has a lovely voice. It's full of beautiful descriptions of British countryside as a band of curious rabbits embark on a dangerous adventure. It's a tale of friendship, new beginnings and despite being about bunny rabbits, it feels grand and epic. I've aways loved bunnies due to Watership Down, it's a classic, hopefully you'll give it a go if you haven't already. Amazon has a 30 day free trial called 'Audible' where you can listen to it all! It's such a better experience to listen to as Peter Capaldi has the perfect voice to tell the story.

Otherwise, I wish you a lovely christmas and I feel 2020 will bring some warm memories for you to cherish. Look forward to it.

Warm regards,

Vexper from TSR.
--------------------------
Note Spencer is partially blind so when sending the card the font will need to be enlarged like this
Last edited by Vexper; 1 week ago
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey Violet Rose,

What a gorgeous name you have Just wanted to write to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2020. I know Christmas can be a hard and isolating time for some but I hope you are able to enjoy the festive season, that you are somewhere warm and safe, and that you can feel the virtual hugs I am sending you from London!

I notice you like singing: what's your favourite Christmas carol? Mine is O Come All Ye Faithful. In terms of pop songs, my favourite is 'Especially For You' by Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan. I don't know if you know that one, as it's quite old - at least 30 years old, if not more! But I do also love Wham!'s 'Last Christmas', although it's quite bittersweet now since George Michael's passing.

I'll be thinking of you when I sing along to my Christmas playlist,

Shan from TSR
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Victoria (2),

Just wanted to drop you a line to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2020! What great taste in favourite colours you have! I love pink and purple, especially pastel shades, too My sister once had a pink Christmas tree but I thought that was a bit much, even for me, haha.

I hope you have lots of pink and purple tinsel to decorate your room with and that you get to watch some of your favourite musicals over the Christmas period. What is your top musical of all time? Mine has to be The Sound of Music - an oldie, but such a classic. I recently had the chance to see Julie Andrews give a talk at the Southbank Centre - she played Maria von Trapp in the film. It was such a great experience to see her live!

Wishing you all the very best this season and hope you are wrapped up warm.

Take care,

Shan from TSR
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello Max (2),

You like Life is Strange huh? I too fell in love with that game. It felt so relatable, involved and beautiful to play through. However... there was a game before even Life is Strange that captured me and hasn't let go since. The gameplay falls very short of Life Is Strange, and it's not as eye catching or easy to understand being based in an ordinary (or so it looks) world as Life is Strange was. But it's got such a powerful message I find myself not caring about any of the 'despite' aspects of the game. It's called Papo & Yo. Came out around 2013 or 2014, can't recall now. I'll provide you the summary;

"Quico’s best friend, Monster, is a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth, but that doesn’t scare Quico away from playing with him. That said, Monster does have a very dangerous problem: an addiction to poisonous frogs."

It's not a Christmas-y game. It's actually quite heartbreaking, and very relatable to my circumstances growing up. I think you'd like it if you enjoyed Life is Strange. It's quite short but hits all the right notes and left me a total mess by the end. I wish there was more developers out there willing to create to capture what resides in your heart, not your wallet. Papo & Yo and Life is Strange is both of the former. I thought it would be good to recommend you another.

I hope you find some great games to play at Christmas and all the best to you in 2020.

Warm regards,

Vexper from TSR.
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Kai,

Rocky Road Ice cream... drowned in hot fudge. Gosh I can almost feel myself gaining weight just reading that sentence never mind eating it shortly! (drives to Asda to get exactly this) My friend who I go to the gym with is going to do wrestling moves on me if they find out... I guess one or two scoops.. or three won't hurt...

I hope your love of Spring sails you clearly through the Christmas holidays and the frostiness it can bring. Although Christmas can be magical, so much of the world becomes obscured in snow, rain and mist. You lose sight of all the beauty beneath. Spring feels like the real new beginning long after New Years Day, it's such a wonderful time of the year to visit the countryside with a shady-looking camera you bought from eBay for £6 which probably doesn't work but you hope it does anyway to capture a beautiful scene of rolling hills filled with flora and life. And dogs.

I hope Christmas treats you well, and that next Spring brings you a lot of joy.

Warm regards,

Vexper from TSR.
yzanne
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Heya, Claire (1),

I hope you're looking forward to Christmas, or have some nice things planned. Even if you don't, remember that at TSR we have a huge community that can support you and make you feel welcome!

I see that you love reading! I read a book recently that really made me look at life differently, it's a fiction novel called 'How To Be Happy' and it's a great read! I love reading too ... although at the moment I am reading a book as an introduction to Islam (so, non-fiction), I still enjoy fiction too for a bit of fun

Who's your favourite person in Little Mix? I think Jesy is amazing because of her past, and I think Jade is gorgeous, but I must say, Perrie has my favourite voice. It's so strong and powerful, yet she has amazing control too.

Sending hugs and love ... remember that you are cherished, loved, and respected, even if it doesn't always feel that way! All the best!

Yzanne

-----------------------

Hey, Finn!

Wishing you a Happy Christmas first and foremost, I really hope that it's special.

I'm so glad you like Harry Potter! What house are you in? I took the quiz and I'm a Gryffindor which I 100% think I am in, I can be a bit feisty but I am fiercely loyal and I hope I have a good heart!

I speak French ... I see you like languages which is definately a good life skill to have. I find it so cool when celebrities can speak different languages and can do entire interviews in them! I find it so clever to keep concentrating for that long. I aim to learn Chinese at university (if I find time lol).

Sending good wishes .... enjoy yourself!

Yzanne

-----------------------

Hiya there, Imogen,

Happy Christmas! I hope it's a positive experience for you!

I see you like musicals .... as do I! My favourite is probably Hairspray, but Wizard of Oz had me in tears in Defying Gravity in the theatre that is super steep seating. That terrified me, I'm not so good with heights, but it was an amazing performance nevertheless. Hairspray is amazing and I know all the words. What's your favourite?

I have chickens and tortoises and fish ... thought you might be interested!

Take care,

Yzanne
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What's up Connor!

I write to you from recently surviving the West Highland Way. Have you heard of it if not attempted it yourself? As a fellow hiker, it's definitely the best hiking experience I've had in the UK. The length is absolutely perfect. One week bang on the money from start to finish. Clearly marked path, lovely people along the way, few pubs here and there to sample the local pies and the views. Gosh the views! Scotland is a beautiful place and the area surrounding Loch Lomond is breath-taking. I would encourage you to have a crack at it one day if you didn't beat me to it already. There's nothing better than really pushing yourself during the day to reach the next checkpoint, then putting up your tent and making a hot brew and settling down into your sleeping bag to read a couple of chapters of your latest book. I read a book called Snow Country across the nights, I would reccomend that too!

Hope you have a brilliant Christmas and do learn a Christmas-y tune on Bass for me would you?

Warm regards,

Vexper from TSR.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey Vic,

Just wanted to drop you a line (and an empowering quote!) to wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a happy and healthy 2020. Red is a great favourite colour to have around Christmas time, so I hope you are able to do some red-themed decorating in your room

Here is my empowering quote for you:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?... Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others"

I hope this quote inspires and comforts you as it does me,

Shan from TSR
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Ana (4)!
I hear you’re a fellow ARMY and KPop lover! You have good taste, my friend . Wishing you all the joy, prosperity and love one can fit in a smol card. Hope you have an amazing Christmas. Saranghae! <3

Love from,
RazzzBerries from The Student Room x
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Amazing work, all! I wrote 50 cards last night so I'm having a break today
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (30)
25.86%
Spring (24)
20.69%
Autumn/Fall (32)
27.59%
Winter (22)
18.97%
I love them all equally (8)
6.9%