[COMPETITION] Write a Christmas Card for The Rainbow Cards Project 2019! Watch

Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey Todd,
I hope you have an awesome Christmas!
I see you like maths, I do too. Last year I had a great time constructing a fractal Christmas tree with my friends, alongside making mobius strip paper chains. I'd definitely recommend it if you have the time! Have you got any other ideas for mathsy Christmas decor? And are you a fan of fractals? I love watching mandelbrot zooms on youtube especially all the rainbow ones!
Also, other big maths questions: what's your favourite number? and is zero a natural number?
Mine is 53 because I was called up on stage in a bingo tournament and was feeling very embarrassed (I didn't want to be on stage!) so when the number 53 was called and I was able to sit back down it was such a relief that I decided 53 is my new favourite number (it used to be 42). And the zero is a natural number question causes great debate in my maths class so I always have to ask maths people when I meet them.
Wishing you all the best from a fellow maths nerd,
Toastie from TSR
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello Stephanie (4)!

I saw that you enjoy speaking French, so merry Christmas and joyeux Noël! I'm actually currently studying abroad in France at the moment, at a university in Lyon. Have you ever travelled to Lyon? It's worth a visit if you ever get the chance!

I hope you really enjoy the festive period, and that you manage to get in plenty of ballroom dancing! I'll try and do some myself during the Christmas period, and maybe teach some friends a few steps if they're willing!

Wishing you the very best, and a healthy and happy New Year as we enter the next decade.

As the lovely late Bruce Forsyth used to say, keep dancing!
CS, member of The Student Room
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is amazing, thank you so much to everyone who has written cards :hugs:

I'll be printing these off today - if anyone posts after this afternoon, I will still do my upmost best to get your card included though :yep:
logical_nonsense
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Someone write me one dudes
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vexper)
Can I ask the age range of the recipients? I don't mind writing a few. I just don't know what my audience is lol
Hey - sorry, I totally missed this

No idea about recipient ages, I'm afraid - as far as I know there aren't any restrictions, so they could be any age, I believe! :yep:
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
This is amazing, thank you so much to everyone who has written cards :hugs:

I'll be printing these off today - if anyone posts after this afternoon, I will still do my upmost best to get your card included though :yep:
PRSOM! Big thanks to shadow for organising and sorting all of this! :woo:
Vexper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Great job shadowdweller :hugs:
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by logical_nonsense)
Someone write me one dudes
hello,

have a great Christmas

xx
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dear Xaquelin,

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas :hugs:
I hope that you get some snow near you so you can enjoy the lovely wintery scenery around you.
Snow sometimes can bring out the playful child in you and I think that's fun, you deserve to have that time to yourself to just relax and enjoy the season! :yep:

Do you enjoy a good Christmas carol? I play violin in a string orchestra and I have to say my favourite carol is In Dulci Jubilo :nopity:
I've recently discovered the musical genre of minimalism - if you like whacky and arty music then I would recommend it! It's also surprisingly good for studying. I hope that you will take some time for yourself to enjoy the christmas music around you and won't have to partake in much studying this season!

I hope you are enjoying your current book! I am reading the Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz. It's good fun because it's 2 stories in one! The book itself and then an unfinished novel inside of it. I bet you'll find something marvellous to read this Christmas and that you will be able to snuggle up in the cold winter and tuck into it!

Sending you festive wishes,

Cheese
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
| On the 5th November, Father Christmas will do a raffle draw, and the winner will receive a special gift! :woo:

:O what was the special gift?
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vexper)
| On the 5th November, Father Christmas will do a raffle draw, and the winner will receive a special gift! :woo:

:O what was the special gift?
This was pushed back a little, as the deadline was extended slightly - the draw will be done over the weekend though

Last year it was a trophy, as The_Lonely_Goatherd can confirm!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
This was pushed back a little, as the deadline was extended slightly - the draw will be done over the weekend though

Last year it was a trophy, as The_Lonely_Goatherd can confirm!
And a very nice trophy it was too :king1:
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
52 messages all in the cards and put into envelopes! They'll be sent off tomorrow - thank you everyone and shadowdweller's amazing hard work with this project
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
52 messages all in the cards and put into envelopes! They'll be sent off tomorrow - thank you everyone and shadowdweller's amazing hard work with this project
Well done to all!
Vexper
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
Spot on, well done all! Lots of lovely messages here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (30)
25.86%
Spring (24)
20.69%
Autumn/Fall (32)
27.59%
Winter (22)
18.97%
I love them all equally (8)
6.9%