Browni3
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GlenCacao)

~ 5th February ~

Hello, long time no see! :wavey:

I'll keep this brief, so I'll just do a bulletpoint list of what's been going on since my last update:
  • I've taken 3 out of my 5 mocks, I have one tomorrow and the other on Friday.
  • I've been put into Psychology intervention.
  • I got a tutor for Philosophy & Politics (£40 per hour!!! :bawling:).
  • I joined a gym & aim to go at least twice a week for a month.
  • I still haven't gotten an update on LSE and UCL.

I'll do a full, in-depth post sometime next week

All the best! What gym did you sign up to? I'm thinking of signing up to one in the holidays
GlenCacao
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Browni3)
All the best! What gym did you sign up to? I'm thinking of signing up to one in the holidays
It's called 'the gymgroup' but everyone calls it the gym

I realise that I never got back to you in terms of Netflix recommendations - as soon as I think of something, my mind goes blank apart from Alias Grace, the TV adaptation of Margaret Atwood's book about a 'murderess', although it's about her life before and after the conviction. I actually ended up reading the book after I watched it, both are quite good and it isn't gruesome like the plot suggests.

What sort of shows don't you like? It'll be easier to come up with some shows if I can narrow it down.
GlenCacao
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago

~ 11th February ~

So, I'm back!

Firstly, a break down of how my PPEswent

• Politics; I only managed to answer two questions - the 30 marker and a 12 marker - and write an introduction for the other 12 marker before I ran out of time.
  • Philosophy; We had three 80 minute papers with four 40 mark questions, three of which we had to write. We ended up only writing 2 for each paper. For Philosophy, I only managed to answer 1 question and write the introduction for another (am I noticing a trend? 🤔) however, I answered both of the questions for Ethics & DCT.
  • Psychology; I spent too much time on the Issues & Debates 16 marker, so (surprise surprise) I didn't get to finish the Eating Behaviour & Gender 16 markers.

I clearly need to work on timing, I shouldn't be making these mistakes with only 3 months to go until exams

UCAS

Yesterday, I was rejected from LSE today for the same reasons as Bristol which is frustrating because I essentially wasted 3 options on unis that were never going to give me an offer in the first place, not to mention the £50 I spent on the LNAT. Oh well, it was my fault for flopping my AS/mocks.

I couldn't be :bootyshake: to wait for UCL to turn me down too, so I just withdrew my offer and firmed Kent with Coventry as an insurance :bunny:

School

• After half term, my school is going to start trialling a new scheme where you can leave during free periods, so at least that's something to look forward to, especially since I have no lessons every other Tuesday
  • A few posts back I mentioned that we were supposed to be going on a trip to see Zimbardo speak, turns out that was just a general Psychology talk, we're actually going to see him next month at a conference!
  • My school actually signed up for a 4 week free trial for Psychology on Uplearn, A/A* guaranteed - or your money back, so I'm off to make the best of that :ciao:

Spoiler:
Show

(let me know if you want to be removed from or added to the tag list )

harrysbar Hazelly circleofsighs Browni3

harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

~ 11th February ~

So, I'm back!

Firstly, a break down of how my PPEs went

• Politics; I only managed to answer two questions - the 30 marker and a 12 marker - and write an introduction for the other 12 marker before I ran out of time.
  • Philosophy; We had three 80 minute papers with four 40 mark questions, three of which we had to write. We ended up only writing 2 for each paper. For Philosophy, I only managed to answer 1 question and write the introduction for another (am I noticing a trend? 🤔) however, I answered both of the questions for Ethics & DCT.
  • Psychology; I spent too much time on the Issues & Debates 16 marker, so (surprise surprise) I didn't get to finish the Eating Behaviour & Gender 16 markers.

I clearly need to work on timing, I shouldn't be making these mistakes with only 3 months to go until exams

UCAS

Yesterday, I was rejected from LSE today for the same reasons as Bristol which is frustrating because I essentially wasted 3 options on unis that were never going to give me an offer in the first place, not to mention the £50 I spent on the LNAT. Oh well, it was my fault for flopping my AS/mocks.

I couldn't be :bootyshake: to wait for UCL to turn me down too, so I just withdrew my offer and firmed Kent with Coventry as an insurance :bunny:

School

• After half term, my school is going to start trialling a new scheme where you can leave during free periods, so at least that's something to look forward to, especially since I have no lessons every other Tuesday
  • A few posts back I mentioned that we were supposed to be going on a trip to see Zimbardo speak, turns out that was just a general Psychology talk, we're actually going to see him next month at a conference!
  • My school actually signed up for a 4 week free trial for Psychology on Uplearn, A/A* guaranteed - or your money back, so I'm off to make the best of that :ciao:

Spoiler:
Show

(let me know if you want to be removed from or added to the tag list )

harrysbar Hazelly circleofsighs Browni3

Hi, thanks for the update and yes there is a common pattern in your mocks - still got time to work on that though! Don't blame you for withdrawing from UCL, as least you know now that it is Kent you are aiming for! That BBB offer will be nice, anyway

Good Luck with your PPE results!
GlenCacao
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
~ 11th February ~

I wasn't intending to update so soon, but I just got my LNAT results back & I got... *drumroll please* 30/42!!! ✨ With the average score being 21. 5 for this year.

Remember when I was worrying because I kept on getting 17 lol?

I'm typing this on my phone, so I'll edit it later to make it look all nice and pretty, but it's nice to know that I can do at least something right

tags: harrysbar Hazelly circleofsighs Browni3
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
~ 11th February ~

I wasn't intending to update so soon, but I just got my LNAT results back & I got... *drumroll please* 30/42!!! ✨ With the average score being 21. 5 for this year.

Remember when I was worrying because I kept on getting 17 lol?

I'm typing this on my phone, so I'll edit it later to make it look all nice and pretty, but it's nice to know that I can do at least something right

tags: harrysbar Hazelly circleofsighs Browni3
OMG I have just been on the TSR LNAT thread and 30 is an amazing score!!!!

You must have such a natural aptitude for Law, that is very encouraging - well done :party:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (197)
67.93%
No (93)
32.07%

Watched Threads