rohit_muthiah
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi I'm an international student and would like to know what my chances of getting into LSE are for economic history/ government and economics.

My igcse results are:
8-physics
8-economics
8-history
8- global citizenship
7- english
7- maths
7- geography
6- economics

For A level I'm taking Maths, Physics, Economics and History. Assuming I do well in A level and write a good PS, will I make compelling application? Really worried about my igcse grades though.
username4812684
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rohit_muthiah)
Hi I'm an international student and would like to know what my chances of getting into LSE are for economic history/ government and economics.

My igcse results are:
8-physics
8-economics
8-history
8- global citizenship
7- english
7- maths
7- geography
6- economics

For A level I'm taking Maths, Physics, Economics and History. Assuming I do well in A level and write a good PS, will I make compelling application? Really worried about my igcse grades though.
Hi, I think you should not have any issue with your GCSEs your the courses that you want to apply. in fact economic history as a 27% offer rate which is quite good for LSE. Having said this, your only 'low' GCSE can be economics itself which is not low anyway. as long as all your other GCSEs are 7s and 8s you should be fine. As the entry requirements are lower for the course, if you can manage to have very high predicted grades and a very good personal statement, I find very difficult to imagine that you will be rejected only because you got only one 6 in your GCSEs.
rohit_muthiah
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks! That's very reassuring
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10.13%
Okay (25)
31.65%
A bit lacking (22)
27.85%
Not good at all (24)
30.38%

Watched Threads