HSBC Graduate Scheme Application Process Watch

patt101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone done the job simulation for the HSBC Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme? I'm not sure how to prepare for it...
Advertisement
Brandimo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by patt101)
Has anyone done the job simulation for the HSBC Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme? I'm not sure how to prepare for it...
I finished the blended video testing ages ago and now keep getting emails about being still under review. Shame they don't provide a date to let us know when we will find out.
K2abir
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I rang the Graduate recruitment team today since it’s been over a month since I submitted the job simulation. I was told they are arranging Assessment Centre dates for the last 2 weeks of November but would of be inviting the highest scoring candidates first. And that they had already started contacting people for the AC! So guessing not a good sign 🙁

(Original post by Brandimo)
I finished the blended video testing ages ago and now keep getting emails about being still under review. Shame they don't provide a date to let us know when we will find out.
Advertisement
Brandimo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by K2abir)
I rang the Graduate recruitment team today since it’s been over a month since I submitted the job simulation. I was told they are arranging Assessment Centre dates for the last 2 weeks of November but would of be inviting the highest scoring candidates first. And that they had already started contacting people for the AC! So guessing not a good sign 🙁
Thanks for letting me know pal! Hopefully we just slip through at the end so lol
tonyjiancong
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Got the HSBC technology grad scheme AC at Canary Wharf on 28th November, anyone the same?
Advertisement
Brandimo
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Anyone that applied for Global Research heard back yet? Not looking too great for me at this point!
Brandimo
Rep:
?
Report 8 hours ago
Finally heard back!

"Many thanks for your application for the position of Graduate - Global Banking & Markets - Global Research - Europe - UK - London and your interest in working with us at HSBC.

We are very interested in your profile and wanted to confirm that you have met the online testing cognitive thresholds that we have in place for both the On-line Immersive Assessment and the Job Simulator.

As our hiring works on a rolling basis for all programmes, there may now be a short delay whilst we review your application in full and consider this for short-listing to our Assessment Centres. Please note, we are running Assessment Centres on a weekly basis for most programmes and expect these to continue until early in the new year, unless the role is filled within that timeframe. If this occurs, we will provide you with a timely update and advise you of other suitable vacancies you may wish to consider, where applicable."

Hopefully this will reassure some of you guys who applied later on - it may be a while before you hear back just due to when you applied!
Advertisement
K2abir
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
(Original post by Brandimo)
Finally heard back!

"Many thanks for your application for the position of Graduate - Global Banking & Markets - Global Research - Europe - UK - London and your interest in working with us at HSBC.

We are very interested in your profile and wanted to confirm that you have met the online testing cognitive thresholds that we have in place for both the On-line Immersive Assessment and the Job Simulator.

As our hiring works on a rolling basis for all programmes, there may now be a short delay whilst we review your application in full and consider this for short-listing to our Assessment Centres. Please note, we are running Assessment Centres on a weekly basis for most programmes and expect these to continue until early in the new year, unless the role is filled within that timeframe. If this occurs, we will provide you with a timely update and advise you of other suitable vacancies you may wish to consider, where applicable."

Hopefully this will reassure some of you guys who applied later on - it may be a while before you hear back just due to when you applied!
Thanks for the update and fingers crossed you hear back soon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (196)
71.27%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
17.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (31)
11.27%

Watched Threads