The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

difference between illustration BA and Illustration and media BA

I don't understand the difference between the two courses, which should I apply for? I need to decide quickly bc i can only afford the trip to london for one open day
Original post by rehneh
I don't understand the difference between the two courses, which should I apply for? I need to decide quickly bc i can only afford the trip to london for one open day

These two? Just compare the overviews.

https://www.arts.ac.uk/subjects/illustration/undergraduate/ba-hons-illustration-camberwell#coursedetails
https://www.arts.ac.uk/subjects/illustration/undergraduate/ba-hons-illustration-and-visual-media-lcc#coursedetails
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by rehneh

Hi there!

I would say the two colleges have different styles. Often, Camberwell has more of a fine art approach while LCC is a bit more structured/commercial. However, both will give you a great opportunity to explore your style! It depends on how you want to work.

If you want, it's worth contacting UAL to sort out your open day. I know it's a bit expensive/time consuming to trek all the way to London and not make it worthwhile. Maybe you can come in in the morning for LCC, and the afternoon for Camberwell, or vice versa. However, I would advise to prioritise going to the one you're most interested in either of the two so you can attend the talks. Then you can go to your second option; you might not be able to attend the talks but you can at least speak to a tutor or someone relevant to the course.

You can call UAL through this number (+44 (0)20 7514 6000). Ask to be redirected for either LCC's or Camberwell's marketing team for the open day. They should be able to sort something out for you or advise on the best way to tackle this.

If you have any other questions, do let me know!

All the Best,
Charlene :biggrin:
Student Rep.

Quick Reply