Too late to apply to sixth form?? Urgent Watch

'_'
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have been told I won't be able to return to my sixth form for the academic year due to issues with my results. I've already done 2 years of sixth form and was looking to do a third year. This is because I didn't pass sociology the first time and repeated it. But I want to do a third year so I can get the full a level along with an EPQ and another subject to get the minimum amount of subjects I need to be in the sixth form . My other subject is diploma in media which I have finished.

So as I won't able to go back to the sixth form, I'll have to apply to others for this academic year so I can have the requirements for uni. I've already called one sixth form and they said it's too late to enroll for this academic year. I'm scared that all the other sixth forms will say the same thing as me and my family are expecting me to be in university this time next year😅
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
There’s bound to have some sixth forms that’ll accept you and you can repeat in college if necessary. How many a levels do you currently have?
'_'
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
There’s bound to have some sixth forms that’ll accept you and you can repeat in college if necessary. How many a levels do you currently have?
Well I have a diploma in media which I got a merit for. And that's it cause I failed my Btec Ict course. My other subject I was doing is sociology which I wanted to get the full a level for. I guess I'll just have to call up every sixth form and see which will accept. I'm hoping to do A2 sociology and EPQ if I get accepted into a sixth form. And hopefully my media course, A2 soicology and EPQ will be enough for university. I want to do marketing in uni, so I'll probably look for a marketing placement. Fingers crossed everything works out🤞
Thanks for your reply!
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by '_')
Well I have a diploma in media which I got a merit for. And that's it cause I failed my Btec Ict course. My other subject I was doing is sociology which I wanted to get the full a level for. I guess I'll just have to call up every sixth form and see which will accept. I'm hoping to do A2 sociology and EPQ if I get accepted into a sixth form. And hopefully my media course, A2 soicology and EPQ will be enough for university. I want to do marketing in uni, so I'll probably look for a marketing placement. Fingers crossed everything works out🤞
Thanks for your reply!
They don’t accept epq as a levels as it has the points for an as and also it’s not a full structured academic course. They’ll consider you Epq but it depends on how the uni views on this so to be safe that’ll leave you with 2 alevels which will give you the requirements for a foundation year and open uni but contact some unis about your grades. I hope everything works out
'_'
Rep:
?
They don’t accept epq as a levels as it has the points for an as and also it’s not a full structured academic course. They’ll consider you Epq but it depends on how the uni views on this so to be safe that’ll leave you with 2 alevels which will give you the requirements for a foundation year and open uni but contact some unis about your grades. I hope everything works out
the diploma in media is worth two a levels. So that, with my (hopefully) sociology course should be enough ucas points depending on my sociology grade.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by '_')
the diploma in media is worth two a levels. So that, with my (hopefully) sociology course should be enough ucas points depending on my sociology grade.
Ohhhh then you’ll be fine. I hope you’ll do great and get those points
hajerox123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by '_')
I have been told I won't be able to return to my sixth form for the academic year due to issues with my results. I've already done 2 years of sixth form and was looking to do a third year. This is because I didn't pass sociology the first time and repeated it. But I want to do a third year so I can get the full a level along with an EPQ and another subject to get the minimum amount of subjects I need to be in the sixth form . My other subject is diploma in media which I have finished.

So as I won't able to go back to the sixth form, I'll have to apply to others for this academic year so I can have the requirements for uni. I've already called one sixth form and they said it's too late to enroll for this academic year. I'm scared that all the other sixth forms will say the same thing as me and my family are expecting me to be in university this time next year😅
go to a college. thats what I done, its basically exactly the same as sixth form but a slight bit more independent.
'_'
Rep:
?
Ohhhh then you’ll be fine. I hope you’ll do great and get those points
I will certainly try. Thank you for your help!
'_'
Rep:
?
(Original post by hajerox123)
go to a college. thats what I done, its basically exactly the same as sixth form but a slight bit more independent.
I initially wanted to but my mother doesn't want me to and wants me to go to sixth form instead. I will probably call up all the sixth forms and use college as a last resort. Thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (292)
65.62%
No (153)
34.38%

Watched Threads