Boris Johnson to prorogue parliament again Watch

Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/bo...ch-date-642336

Starting next Tuesday (9th) for a Queens speech the following Monday (14th). Really shows that the previous prorogation for a Queens speech at the same time was unnecessary and about avoiding parliamentary scrutiny as suspected
JanusGodofDoors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Here we go again! Johnson knows damn well that if he subjects himself to the critiques and questions of this parliament, his toxic and self obsessed vision for this country will be torn to pieces. His plan for Britain is dangerous and it is motivated purely by his own desire for power. Every parliamentarian with any sense of integrity will oppose this man, and he knows it. You only shut up your critics like this if you know your ideas are indefensible.
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes! Time to listen to MPs constantly cry about their voice being taken away again, all while a good portion of them want to ignore the voice of the majority vote.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TheMcSame)
Yes! Time to listen to MPs constantly cry about their voice being taken away again, all while a good portion of them want to ignore the voice of the majority vote.
Tough thats what you voted for. You cant demand to return sovereignty to parliament then whine when they exercise that right. I'd also suggest you familiarise yourself with what a representative democracy is as it does not involve slavishly deferring to the hoi polloi. Never mind that there is not a shred of evidence to say that the majority want a hard brexit.
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Tough thats what you voted for. You cant demand to return sovereignty to parliament then whine when they exercise that right. I'd also suggest you familiarise yourself with what a representative democracy is as it does not involve slavishly deferring to the hoi polloi. Never mind that there is not a shred of evidence to say that the majority want a hard brexit.
Oh, sorry. I forgot people take everything seriously when it comes to politics and become blind to jokes. Just pointing out that MPs are only out for themselves. It doesn't even have to be a hard brexit, a good portion of MPs seem to want no brexit at all... They cry about their democracy when it's their voice, but couldn't give two f*cks about our voices.

Also, no, I didn't vote for MPs to hold double standards and put their feelings above the result of a public vote. Ultimately, the MPs serve the people. I voted to leave the EU simply because I believe that you can't have a group of countries so economically and culturally different and come out on top in the long run in a union that seems intent on walling itself off from the rest of the world while preaching about freedom of movement and trade at the same time.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well to be honest there has been no important scrutiny since parliament returned so at least with the discussion of the policies he can more or less shut parliament up for another two weeks.

It’s also an electoral trap for Corbyn again. The government will say that the Queens Speech was voted down by nasty remainers and they still won’t back an election.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh, sorry. I forgot people take everything seriously when it comes to politics and become blind to jokes.
:rollseyes:
Just pointing out that MPs are only out for themselves. It doesn't even have to be a hard brexit, a good portion of MPs seem to want no brexit at all...
Thats hardly a revelation.
Strangely enough they are entitled to not want it? :lol:
They cry about their democracy when it's their voice, but couldn't give two f*cks about our voices.
Well seeing as you dont give two ****s about half the countries opinion im not sure youre really in a position to be casting aspersions on them.
Also, no, I didn't vote for MPs to hold double standards and put their feelings above the result of a public vote. Ultimately, the MPs serve the people.
Im afraid that is exactly what you voted for, as is our system.
They serve their constituents, are you saying that some MPs should go against the their bosses in whichever constituency they represent?
Kitten in boots
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh, sorry. I forgot people take everything seriously when it comes to politics and become blind to jokes. Just pointing out that MPs are only out for themselves. It doesn't even have to be a hard brexit, a good portion of MPs seem to want no brexit at all... They cry about their democracy when it's their voice, but couldn't give two f*cks about our voices.

Also, no, I didn't vote for MPs to hold double standards and put their feelings above the result of a public vote. Ultimately, the MPs serve the people. I voted to leave the EU simply because I believe that you can't have a group of countries so economically and culturally different and come out on top in the long run in a union that seems intent on walling itself off from the rest of the world while preaching about freedom of movement and trade at the same time.
And this incoherent rant demonstrates precisely why Brexit supporters have not got the Brexit they wanted yet.
JWatch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/bo...ch-date-642336

Starting next Tuesday (9th) for a Queens speech the following Monday (14th). Really shows that the previous prorogation for a Queens speech at the same time was unnecessary and about avoiding parliamentary scrutiny as suspected
You've got to laugh at their logic. Holding another referendum would be undemocratic, but suspending parliament to avoid scrutiny and then doing it again after a court said it was unlawful is perfectly legitimate...
Last edited by JWatch; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (61)
23.11%
No (203)
76.89%

Watched Threads