The Student Room Group

Applying to Dental Hygiene and Therapy

Hey, I'm an A-level student and I wanted to apply to dental hygiene and therapy courses but do I have much chance of getting accepted? Do only dental nurses get accepted?
I got accepted as an a level student back in 2012. I do think they generally take on a mix!
Reply 2
Original post by TheMolarBear
I got accepted as an a level student back in 2012. I do think they generally take on a mix!

Hey, thanks for replying!
Which university did you get accepted in and were your predicted grades higher than the entry requirements?
Original post by studentx18
Hey, thanks for replying!
Which university did you get accepted in and were your predicted grades higher than the entry requirements?

Hey again! So I got all 5 interviews and then offers from Manchester, Portsmouth and Birmingham to begin with. I think my predicted grades were higher than the requirements but I didn’t get them! Then on results day I got offers from Cardiff and Edinburgh so I went to Edinburgh. ☺️
Reply 4
Hey again! So I got all 5 interviews and then offers from Manchester, Portsmouth and Birmingham to begin with. I think my predicted grades were higher than the requirements but I didn’t get them! Then on results day I got offers from Cardiff and Edinburgh so I went to Edinburgh. ☺️

Oh cool, how are you finding your career in dental hygiene? Are there much job availability for dental hygienists in the UK?
Original post by studentx18
Oh cool, how are you finding your career in dental hygiene? Are there much job availability for dental hygienists in the UK?

I enjoy the job! I’m a hygiene therapist and do mostly therapy work. For therapy it’s definitely up and coming and hopefully there will be more and more jobs becoming available. I live in northern England where id say there aren’t a huge amount but I’ve
Managed to get myself a full time job since I qualified ☺️
Reply 6
I enjoy the job! I’m a hygiene therapist and do mostly therapy work. For therapy it’s definitely up and coming and hopefully there will be more and more jobs becoming available. I live in northern England where id say there aren’t a huge amount but I’ve
Managed to get myself a full time job since I qualified ☺️

That's great! Thank you so much for answering my questions:thumbsup::h:

Hey, please can you tell me some questions you got in the Birmingham and portsmouth interviews, and then the rest of them. Thank youuu :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest