alevel2020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi so I’ve got work exp at an abattoir and they have a strict no jewellery policy but I can a rook piercing that I cannot remove yet so I was just wondering (sorry if this sounds stupid) if there’s a specific reason for this or just professional policy? Is there gonna be some big magnet they use that’ll rip out my earring
rabbitswhiskers
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a food production environment so it will most likely be because there is always a risk of jewellery dropping out and making its way into the food chain, so normal hygiene regulations stipulate no jewellery. Also it can harbour bacteria so creates a risk both to you and cross contamination to other surfaces and again potentially around the meat.
username2703735
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alevel2020)
Hi so I’ve got work exp at an abattoir and they have a strict no jewellery policy but I can a rook piercing that I cannot remove yet so I was just wondering (sorry if this sounds stupid) if there’s a specific reason for this or just professional policy? Is there gonna be some big magnet they use that’ll rip out my earring
It'll more be health and safety in terms of hygiene of them and the possibility of it ever getting caught in something - there won't be some magnet etc that would do it it is more if you slipped and caught it against something metal etc. They may allow you to just cover it with some tape or similar
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.21%
No I am happy with my choice (116)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads