Why does cancer kill people? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Has anyone ever been curious about this question? It’s a small cell that multiplies, but why can a single cell kill people? Are people bigger than the cell or are the cancer cells bigger than people?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Because it multiplies too much and from one cell you can have tumours. It isn't just a few cells.
Anonymous #1
Which type of cancer do you think is the most dangerous/life threatening?
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Pancreatic cancer. Difficult to treat.
giella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Because a tumour develops and begins to compromise bodily functions. A laryngeal tumour, for instance, will begin to block a person’s airway. Leukaemia will compromise a person’s immune system. Stomach cancer will compromise a person’s ability to get adequate nutrition. Ultimately, cancer will spread and compromise other functions as well so that the body can no longer sustain itself and meet the demands of the environment.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Has anyone ever been curious about this question? It’s a small cell that multiplies, but why can a single cell kill people? Are people bigger than the cell or are the cancer cells bigger than people?
Cancer is uncontrolled cell division. It can obliterate the normal functioning of vital organs of the body.
giella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Not necessarily. Difficult to detect and thus difficult to treat before it spreads.

(Original post by mgi)
Pancreatic cancer. Difficult to treat c
Anonymous #1
I think brain cancer and throat cancer are the most dangerous. Throat cancer because you can’t eat and brain cancer because it leads to memory issues and concentration issues. I don’t hear many people surviving these operations either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (0)
0%
They've been reasonable (4)
44.44%
Not feeling great... (5)
55.56%
They are TERRIBLE! (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest