username4087228
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am planning on applying to pharmacy this year and I am so scared for my application because i feel like my GCSEs are not going to be that amazing compared to all the other applicants. I know for a fact this is a dry competitive course so I am slightly worried. I have 2 8s, 3 7/A, 2 6s , 1 5 and 2 4s.
Predicted 2A*s (maths and chem) and an A (bio)
Also would universities look more at your UCAS tariff points or just everything in general. I am applying to QUB, bath, reading and Cardiff and maybe Portsmouth
Last edited by username4087228; 1 year ago
username4087228
Rep:
?
Also if anyone is applying to pharmacy this year, what are your guys ucas tariff points (just to stress myself out even more) 😂😂
ciaramcpherson
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DJDONNA)
I am planning on applying to pharmacy this year and I am so scared for my application because i feel like my GCSEs are not going to be that amazing compared to all the other applicants. I know for a fact this is a dry competitive course so I am slightly worried. I have 2 8s, 3 7/A, 2 6s , 1 5 and 2 4s.
Predicted 2A*s (maths and chem) and an A (bio)
Also would universities look more at your UCAS tariff points or just everything in general. I am applying to QUB, bath, reading and Cardiff and maybe Portsmouth
Hi, I’m also applying to pharmacy this year. Firstly, you’re predicted grades are really really high so i wouldn’t worry too much about the GCSE grades cuz you clearly have the academic ability. Second, from what i understand unis very much don’t care about tariff points anymore they’re not that big a deal as long as you’re around the mark. You have strong predicted grades and as long as you’ve got a decent personal statement i reckon you’ll be fine
username4087228
Rep:
?
(Original post by ciaramcpherson)
Hi, I’m also applying to pharmacy this year. Firstly, you’re predicted grades are really really high so i wouldn’t worry too much about the GCSE grades cuz you clearly have the academic ability. Second, from what i understand unis very much don’t care about tariff points anymore they’re not that big a deal as long as you’re around the mark. You have strong predicted grades and as long as you’ve got a decent personal statement i reckon you’ll be fine
ohhh good. i was really worried about that 😅 thanks for replying
ciaramcpherson
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DJDONNA)
ohhh good. i was really worried about that 😅 thanks for replying
no problem!! the easiest way round it would be to check the entry requirements for individual unis on their website. if they want really high gcse grades they’ll put it on there but like i said i don’t think it’s much of a problem for pharmacy
username4087228
Rep:
?
no problem!! the easiest way round it would be to check the entry requirements for individual unis on their website. if they want really high gcse grades they’ll put it on there but like i said i don’t think it’s much of a problem for pharmacy
i am just worried it wont be enough compared to other applicants because pharmacy is usually a second option after medicine.

i think for GCSEs some want a minimum grade 4 in maths and english but i have a 4 in english lit and language and an 8 in maths. i hope they dont rely too much on gcse 🤞
ciaramcpherson
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Liza2208)
i am just worried it wont be enough compared to other applicants because pharmacy is usually a second option after medicine.

i think for GCSEs some want a minimum grade 4 in maths and english but i have a 4 in english lit and language and an 8 in maths. i hope they dont rely too much on gcse 🤞
yeh hopefully they won’t. i get what u mean about the second subject but to be honest i think if they can see through your personal statement that you’re passionate about the subject and have the right qualities theyre looking for in the profession then gcses will be the least of their concerns. plus your predicted grades are well above the AAB requirements so i think that shows you’re academically strong regardless of gcses.

basically if pharmacy is what you rly want to do then go for it. there’s no point in applying for something you don’t want to do when there’s a good chance you could get in for this course. just have faith in yourself!!
username4954208
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Liza2208)

hi , just stumbled across this so basically i have a few uni friends who are studying pharmacy that are year 1 two of them go to Aston uni and one goes too keele , which are decently ranked so last year the grades were like super super poor , and im not sure thats the reason unis let them in with lower grades two of them got BCC and got in to do pharmacy and one got BBC all of them did chem bio or chem physics
and yeah your gcses are decent they wont look too much into them because your predicted grades are amazing!
hope this helps that no matter what you get on results day , theres always an avenue to do pharmacy somewhere best of luck!
username4087228
Rep:
?
yeh hopefully they won’t. i get what u mean about the second subject but to be honest i think if they can see through your personal statement that you’re passionate about the subject and have the right qualities theyre looking for in the profession then gcses will be the least of their concerns. plus your predicted grades are well above the AAB requirements so i think that shows you’re academically strong regardless of gcses.

basically if pharmacy is what you rly want to do then go for it. there’s no point in applying for something you don’t want to do when there’s a good chance you could get in for this course. just have faith in yourself!!
(Original post by OA_101)
hi , just stumbled across this so basically i have a few uni friends who are studying pharmacy that are year 1 two of them go to Aston uni and one goes too keele , which are decently ranked so last year the grades were like super super poor , and im not sure thats the reason unis let them in with lower grades two of them got BCC and got in to do pharmacy and one got BBC all of them did chem bio or chem physics
and yeah your gcses are decent they wont look too much into them because your predicted grades are amazing!
hope this helps that no matter what you get on results day , theres always an avenue to do pharmacy somewhere best of luck!
ohh thank you. hearing this gives me some sort of hope 😂 😂. i really want to do pharmacy as well so i will just try my best in my personal statement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads