The Student Room Group

Should I apply for spring weeks as a meme?

A bunch of guys on my course are talking about applying for spring weeks, so I thought why the f*ck not. It's not like I stand to lose anything if I do apply. I would be interested in seeing the finance aspect of M&A and not just the legal one.

When did rolling applications open, by the way? I heard that only GS and Credit Suisse don't do rolling applications and have deadline-based selection so I was just wondering when people started applying to other banks.

Should I do it or is it completely pointless (i.e. not possible unless I'm extremely committed).
Definitely possible. Most rolling ones opened in beginning of September, Barclays and Deutsche opened just a couple of days ago. Keep in mind that you have to write a cover letter for every application though. :smile:
Original post by That Swede
Definitely possible. Most rolling ones opened in beginning of September, Barclays and Deutsche opened just a couple of days ago. Keep in mind that you have to write a cover letter for every application though. :smile:

Cover letters won't be an issue, I think. Definitely still have a lot of time as a fresher so I can just write them anytime.
I suspect my CV would be the issue, as it's not exactly cramped...
Original post by HarvestingSeason
A bunch of guys on my course are talking about applying for spring weeks, so I thought why the f*ck not. It's not like I stand to lose anything if I do apply. I would be interested in seeing the finance aspect of M&A and not just the legal one.

When did rolling applications open, by the way? I heard that only GS and Credit Suisse don't do rolling applications and have deadline-based selection so I was just wondering when people started applying to other banks.

Should I do it or is it completely pointless (i.e. not possible unless I'm extremely committed).

What uni are you at?
Original post by moneymanJPM
What uni are you at?

KCL, doing law. I'm aware it's a semi. I had an offer from Warwick, but I'm far more interested in legal work than IB. Would still like to see what it's all about, though.
Btw, on the GS application, what do I put under "Grade / Mark / GPA"? It's a required field.
It's early October, so not a single assessment has happened yet. Should I wait a while before applying? I heard it's a good idea to apply ASAP.
Original post by HarvestingSeason
Btw, on the GS application, what do I put under "Grade / Mark / GPA"? It's a required field.
It's early October, so not a single assessment has happened yet. Should I wait a while before applying? I heard it's a good idea to apply ASAP.

asap no one cares about your grade until you get your diploma in hand. always put 2:1 or 1st expected.

it's the nice thing vs law where you have to detail every goddamn module grad you've ever had..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending