The Student Room Group

ADHD Medication Help

I tried quite a few adhd drugs before I finally settled on Elvanse 50mg (lisdexamphetamine) which is working amazing for me. I’ve been on it for around a year now and it suits me far better than Ritalin or concerta, however I’m worried about building a tolerance to it. Over the summer (about two months) I didn’t take it (since I wasn’t studying) and I’m hoping that will have been enough time to decrease my tolerance level before I go back to university.

Anyone know how long a break it takes to decrease tolerance to Elvanse 50mg if I’ve been on it for a year (I’m a girl, 19 years old, bmi 22.4)
Original post by TheOnlyIzzy
I tried quite a few adhd drugs before I finally settled on Elvanse 50mg (lisdexamphetamine) which is working amazing for me. I’ve been on it for around a year now and it suits me far better than Ritalin or concerta, however I’m worried about building a tolerance to it. Over the summer (about two months) I didn’t take it (since I wasn’t studying) and I’m hoping that will have been enough time to decrease my tolerance level before I go back to university.

Anyone know how long a break it takes to decrease tolerance to Elvanse 50mg if I’ve been on it for a year (I’m a girl, 19 years old, bmi 22.4)

Definitely pop and see your GP about this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest