The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

DD102 - Introducing the Social Sciences

Hello Everyone,

My first post!

I'm starting my bachelors in International Studies with module DD102 in February & was hoping someone could help me out with some copies of TMAs from this module?

My biggest concern starting my degree is getting used to academic writing techniques so I would like to have a go at writing a few essays between now and my course starting in February.

Any help/advice from people who are either currently studying or have previously studied DD102 would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Original post by samspooner89
Hello Everyone,

My first post!

I'm starting my bachelors in International Studies with module DD102 in February & was hoping someone could help me out with some copies of TMAs from this module?

My biggest concern starting my degree is getting used to academic writing techniques so I would like to have a go at writing a few essays between now and my course starting in February.

Any help/advice from people who are either currently studying or have previously studied DD102 would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Completed TMA/assignment work are considered confidential documents and can't be shared with anyone.

DD102 is a fairly straightforward module designed for all kinds of people, whatever their background, to get to uni level standard. It teaches you everything you need to know to do your degree and it starts you out gradually. You do not need to do or read anything other than the module materials to do this module.

If you really want to do some practice, look online for social science essay techniques/tips or make up your own little essay question. You could do a small course on essay writing on OpenLearn. But even if you sit around and twiddle your thumbs until February, you would be absolutely fine during the module.

I have an advice thread and a blog (including my experience with DD102) that you might be interested in.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest