Transfer Troubles from LSBU to BSU

Watch
honeybee88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’ve recently withdrawn from studying at London Southbank University and am starting at Bath Spa University but LSBU are being completely incompetent with the whole process!

This morning I phoned Student Finance England to check on my application status (as they informed me a month ago that transferring unis shouldn’t affect my application, I’ll just have to fill in a change of circumstances from and will of course get less maintenance loan for not being in London anymore) but my application has been entirely withdrawn because instead of informing SFE of the transfer, LSBU thought they’d skip the part about me going to another uni and just told SFE that I was withdrawing from higher education for good!

My studies at BSU are now affected because the payment for tuition fees is meant to be paid in 6 days and I won’t have the money - and after phoning LSBU about it this afternoon they were completely clueless and said that it was the responsibility of my new university to inform SFE of my transfer then hung up on my protests, as that’s not what SFE told me... I phoned BSU and got the answer phone.

Does anyone know who is in the right here? I’m getting such conflicting information I don’t know what to do and who to believe, they all seem to send me running in circles and it’s so incredibly stressful - add on the fact that I’m homeless until I can get my maintenance loan and it’s honestly the worst time of my life. Please, anyone have any experience with this? Any advice? Thanks in advance!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by honeybee88)
I’ve recently withdrawn from studying at London Southbank University and am starting at Bath Spa University but LSBU are being completely incompetent with the whole process!

This morning I phoned Student Finance England to check on my application status (as they informed me a month ago that transferring unis shouldn’t affect my application, I’ll just have to fill in a change of circumstances from and will of course get less maintenance loan for not being in London anymore) but my application has been entirely withdrawn because instead of informing SFE of the transfer, LSBU thought they’d skip the part about me going to another uni and just told SFE that I was withdrawing from higher education for good!

My studies at BSU are now affected because the payment for tuition fees is meant to be paid in 6 days and I won’t have the money - and after phoning LSBU about it this afternoon they were completely clueless and said that it was the responsibility of my new university to inform SFE of my transfer then hung up on my protests, as that’s not what SFE told me... I phoned BSU and got the answer phone.

Does anyone know who is in the right here? I’m getting such conflicting information I don’t know what to do and who to believe, they all seem to send me running in circles and it’s so incredibly stressful - add on the fact that I’m homeless until I can get my maintenance loan and it’s honestly the worst time of my life. Please, anyone have any experience with this? Any advice? Thanks in advance!
Just post here and ask sfe.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

I wouldnt panic about BSU, just ring them tomorrow plus email fees. Let them know what is happening. As long as they know SFE are processing they should be ok.

You then have to clarify what sfe need. If you believe it is a transfer i.e foundation to year 1 or year 1 LSBU to year 2BSU, then give them the paperwork. Normally with a withdrawal they expect you to complete a formal withdrawal document . You know what you did or filled out. Ask SFE what are the quickest actions by you to remedy the situation if:

1. You transferred.
2. They claim you withdraw and will provide no further assistance.

Perhaps SFE can cut through for you.
honeybee88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just post here and ask sfe.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

I wouldnt panic about BSU, just ring them tomorrow plus email fees. Let them know what is happening. As long as they know SFE are processing they should be ok.

You then have to clarify what sfe need. If you believe it is a transfer i.e foundation to year 1 or year 1 LSBU to year 2BSU, then give them the paperwork. Normally with a withdrawal they expect you to complete a formal withdrawal document . You know what you did or filled out. Ask SFE what are the quickest actions by you to remedy the situation if:

1. You transferred.
2. They claim you withdraw and will provide no further assistance.

Perhaps SFE can cut through for you.
Thank you for directing me to that forum I will post there after this is written!

I have emailed fees and did try phoning BSU but was put through to answer phone, I’ll try again though - I really do hope they’ll understand and that I'll be allowed to attend lectures still.

I did fill in a formal Withdrawal form at LSBU but it stated clearly on it where I was going to study next and what course etc. It’s very frustrating that I was assured this wouldn’t cause issues but it seems there isn’t much communication between departments at LSBU... Thank you for your reassurance !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.78%
No (645)
65.22%

Watched Threads