The Student Room Group

People seem find my interest in sexology hilarious.

Despite being a virgin myself, nothing has ever interested me more than our reproductive systems and the associated benefits. The science of it, particularly what goes on in our brains interests me. I would love to be an experimental sexologist at some point but when we we reading out our personal statements in class today, everyone laughed at me. Is it really that bad of a dream?
(edited 4 years ago)
“An experimental sexologist”. That has to be the best job title ever.
if u wanna look at vaginas so badly, become a gynaecologist
Original post by san_cisco
Despite being a virgin myself, nothing has ever interested me more than our reproductive systems and the associated benefits. The science of it, particularly what goes on in our brains interests me. I would love to be an experimental sexologist at some point but when we we reading out our personal statements in class today, everyone laughed at me. Is it really that bad of a dream?

It’s a taboo, it’s certainly a very interesting topic though
(edited 4 years ago)
Sex I’d always a subject for laughter. It’s legitimate for study.
I think I can sorta sympathise with your interest, although I’m more interested in it at the molecular level eg. Gametogenesis 😂

Are you interested in the psychology of sex or the physical side? If the later, I can see why people laughed.

It seems a bit strange for a teacher to allow students to read their PS publicly to a class... Surely it’s a good way of getting it plagiarised.
Reply 6
Original post by CTLeafez
I think I can sorta sympathise with your interest, although I’m more interested in it at the molecular level eg. Gametogenesis 😂

Are you interested in the psychology of sex or the physical side? If the later, I can see why people laughed.

It seems a bit strange for a teacher to allow students to read their PS publicly to a class... Surely it’s a good way of getting it plagiarised.

it probably depends whether someone is applying for the same degree and in. my case no one else is applying to do pyschology.

and the pyschologlocial side but the experimental pyschologlocial side rather than sexual therapy.
(edited 4 years ago)
It doesn't mean you have bad goals.

If you talk about anything with sex in the name or related to it in front of kids of course they're gonna laugh in response.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sinfonietta
It doesn't mean you have bad goals.

If you talk about anything with sex in the name or related to it in front of kids of course they're gonna laugh in response.

Maybe if they swapped the word 'sex' for 'copulation', things would work out better...

'I want to an experimental copulationist'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending