The Student Room Group

Help me english

I need help in my English please like I have severe writers block I don't know how to start off but I know what to write about does that make sense? inspector calls anaylsis mr birling if anyone could just start me off with the "there be a public scandal...and who will suffer more than I will" I wanna talk about the personal pronouns and his absolute obssessionw ith himself but I don't know how
(edited 4 years ago)
‘Who will suffer more than I will’ —> the personal pronoun ‘I’ demonstrates his selfishness, as it is clear to the audience that Eva Smith has suffered the most. This symbolises Priestley’s view that capitalism is selfish and greedy.
‘There’ll be a public scandal’ —> the adjective ‘public’ shows that he doesn’t care about his actions as long as they don’t impact his reputation. This arguably also shows obsession with himself.
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RebeccaB_x
‘Who will suffer more than I will’ —> the personal pronoun ‘I’ demonstrates his selfishness, as it is clear to the audience that Eva Smith has suffered the most. This symbolises Priestley’s view that capitalism is selfish and greedy.
‘There’ll be a public scandal’ —> the adjective ‘public’ shows that he doesn’t care about his actions as long as they don’t impact his reputation. This arguably also shows obsession with himself.
Hope this helps :smile:

you u don't understand how much this helps me thankyou!!! u are better than my teacher by miles I swear xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending