URGENT!!! My student finance rejected my residence evidence. Watch

wwowowowo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am seriously devastated because Student finance just let me know that they rejected my residence evidence (which was a bank statement from Lloyds gsce/alevel results). Mind you, I was 14 when I moved in with my mum to UK.Now I'm in a brink of not knowing what to do because I have to pay my £5,084 before 21st October, my job hasn't actually transferred me even though I was reassured I will be....I'm honestly shocked at this. I really don't want to be homeless just because i wasn't paid the miantenance loan yet.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by wwowowowo)
I am seriously devastated because Student finance just let me know that they rejected my residence evidence (which was a bank statement from Lloyds gsce/alevel results). Mind you, I was 14 when I moved in with my mum to UK.Now I'm in a brink of not knowing what to do because I have to pay my £5,084 before 21st October, my job hasn't actually transferred me even though I was reassured I will be....I'm honestly shocked at this. I really don't want to be homeless just because i wasn't paid the miantenance loan yet.
What have they said they will accept?

Letter form your school confirming address?
Child benefit?
Registered GP letter?
Anything from the council or benefits with child benefit or social worker?
Letters from home office?

I would have said a bank statement was insufficient.
wwowowowo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Well, they stated that bank statements are sort of valid as they included in the list. The document they are requesting for is a school letter from the 1st September 2014 in order to cover 5 years residence in UK. My mum however came to UK with me in 2nd December 2014. I started school 2015 May (the school lost the documents lol). This summer we had to apply for ''settlement scheme'' to get a ''settled status'' (5 years residence)so we remain living and studying in UK. Ive got an email from Home Office after a week or so that I can have ''settled status''. I tried to explain SFE about it but apparently it's a completely different system. Home Office doesn't do appointments where I live or does only with British passports (mine is Lithuanian). So I'm basically screwed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

13.61%
12.85%
2 (99)
12.6%
18.7%
22.77%
19.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise