The Student Room Group

ucas personal statement plagiarism?!

hey ! so basically i am reapplying to medicine this year after getting AAC in my a-levels this year (screw you chem :/). but i want to keep my personal statement the same - is this an issue?

because i have sooooo much w/ex already - in my opinion - there is no point going and doing everything again twice to put it as 'new' on my ps if that makes sense? plus i dont have time - deadline is approaching FAST!
the only changes i am adding is that i am continuing w/ex at the hospice bc it was so interesting and that i have a job as a healthcare assistant lined up (i have got the job but start in november so cant mention any experience as of yet).

will it be an issue in terms of ucas/plagarism if i use my one from last year again and is it bad in terms of applying to medicine if i have kept most of it the same as last year's ps? for reference the only university i am reapplying to is liverpool - my other three choices are different to last year.
also should i include the bit about the HCA job in the beginning in my intro (saying how this is what i plan on doing during my year off) or at the end of my work experience paragraph (saying how all the skills from my w/ex has lead me to pursue this as a part time job to gain more experience etc etc)?

THANKYOUUUUU in advance to whoever reads this :smile:))))
Reply 1
Original post by mariam_alii
hey ! so basically i am reapplying to medicine this year after getting AAC in my a-levels this year (screw you chem :/). but i want to keep my personal statement the same - is this an issue?

because i have sooooo much w/ex already - in my opinion - there is no point going and doing everything again twice to put it as 'new' on my ps if that makes sense? plus i dont have time - deadline is approaching FAST!
the only changes i am adding is that i am continuing w/ex at the hospice bc it was so interesting and that i have a job as a healthcare assistant lined up (i have got the job but start in november so cant mention any experience as of yet).

will it be an issue in terms of ucas/plagarism if i use my one from last year again and is it bad in terms of applying to medicine if i have kept most of it the same as last year's ps? for reference the only university i am reapplying to is liverpool - my other three choices are different to last year.
also should i include the bit about the HCA job in the beginning in my intro (saying how this is what i plan on doing during my year off) or at the end of my work experience paragraph (saying how all the skills from my w/ex has lead me to pursue this as a part time job to gain more experience etc etc)?

it will come up positive in a plagiarism check but then a person from the UCAS team will check this personally and then if they see that it matches your own old ps, they will just ignore it, so don’t worry about it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ramzinoo
it will come up positive in a plagiarism check but then a person from the UCAS team will check this personally and then if they see that it matches your own old ps, they will just ignore it, so don’t worry about it :smile:

ahhhhh okie dokie tyy

Heya,
Pretty sure if you reapply with the same account they don't consider it plagiarism as they know it's yours (says in the small print). Not sure about the HCA bit: I'm applying for the first time this year!
Good luck x
Reply 4
Original post by The.One.And.Only
Heya,
Pretty sure if you reapply with the same account they don't consider it plagiarism as they know it's yours (says in the small print). Not sure about the HCA bit: I'm applying for the first time this year!
Good luck x

okayyy ty regardless and good luck for this year! hope it all works out well :smile:
okayyy ty regardless and good luck for this year! hope it all works out well :smile:

You should change it to reflect that you are re-applying ....
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
You should change it to reflect that you are re-applying ....

but like how much ? what should i change li am chaging the intro to say i am reapplying but my motviations and experiences are still all the same ygm
but like how much ? what should i change li am chaging the intro to say i am reapplying but my motviations and experiences are still all the same ygm

What have school said? I'd say something must be different from 2018 .... if you've done nothing more I'd be surprised and shocked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending