This discussion is closed.
Student-2020
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello!

I've just graduated this year and am considering applying to medicine to start next year (2020). I'm Scottish and to be honest I'm not really sure how funding works for Scottish people wanting to do the english GEM courses. So I think my plan so far is to apply to the ScotGEM course and then to 3 of the 5 year undergraduate courses here in Scotland but I'm really unsure if I even have a chance or which ones to apply to?? I just took the UCAT and my score was relatively average. I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend which 3 universities to apply to given my stats below (I didn't do my final year of high school I just went straight to university so theres no adv highers). The universities I'm considering for undergraduate entry are; Dundee, Glasgow, Edinburgh (as its only 5 years for graduate entrants) and Aberdeen.

My stats are:

National 5: 8 A's
Higher: AAAAB (Biology, Chemistry, English, French and B in Maths)
Degree: 2.1 in Biology and French from St Andrews.
UCAT: 590, 660, 700, 600 (average: 637.5 or 2550) and SJT band 1.
GAMSAT: I sat the GAMSAT in September but don't know my score yet...
Experience: 2 week GP placements, 2 week hospital placements, Department of Health Internship, volunteering...
Student-2020
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
helppp
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads