The Student Room Group

I am worried about my EPQ title

I am thinking about "what makes a good piece of music?" will that be a very common title ?
I will be focusing on the music theory and maybe some biology of what happen in our brains when we listen to music.
my final product is going to be a song composed by me
That's a bad title. Immediately gives off the impression the essay is gonna be simple/****.
What do you actually want to write about? Often candidates get too wrapped up in thinking of a ‘clever’ title, when really, they need to define the core of their subject interest.

Can you be more specific in the definition of your topic?: e.g.
“Understanding the cerebral, neurological and emotional impacts/effects of listening to music.”
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
i never really have written any songs myself and never reallly professionally learn music theory and I just wanted to try it out so choosing this title will motivate me to find ideas and trying out what it would be like to actually compose a piece
Original post by Hillary Hau
i never really have written any songs myself and never reallly professionally learn music theory and I just wanted to try it out so choosing this title will motivate me to find ideas and trying out what it would be like to actually compose a piece

Sounds like a vanity project without focus and will detract from A levels.
Is this a 5000 word essay or an artefact?

Are you applying for a music related course? The EPQ is a bit vague, but you could still get a v good mark if constructed carefully. It doesnt have to be simple, but could be simplistic. I would ask do you really need to do one at all. Imo one grade on any of your three A levels is better.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Sounds like a vanity project without focus and will detract from A levels.
Is this a 5000 word essay or an artefact?

Are you applying for a music related course? The EPQ is a bit vague, but you could still get a v good mark if constructed carefully. It doesnt have to be simple, but could be simplistic. I would ask do you really need to do one at all. Imo one grade on any of your three A levels is better.

it's is going to be an artefact.
I don't think I would be able to apply to a music related course, instead I am going to apply to an art university , possibly focusing on animation
it's is going to be an artefact.
I don't think I would be able to apply to a music related course, instead I am going to apply to an art university , possibly focusing on animation

Then would it make more sense to do a small animation orientated epq?
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Then would it make more sense to do a small animation orientated epq?

it does and I though about that but I am also really interested in music and I want to spend time in it :'( I love both of these subjects but I feel like I need to improve my music skills more because my another dream is to be a musician , I am also currently doing a level arts and I thought maybe i could use other way to also show my passion towards art ?
(edited 4 years ago)
it does and I though about that but I am also really interested in music and I want to spend time in it :'( I love both of these subjects but I feel like I need to improve my music skills more because my another dream is to be a musician , I am also currently doing a level arts and I thought maybe i could use other way to also show my passion towards art ?

That lacks focus imo. but they are your A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending