The Student Room Group

****ing fuming and feeling bitter

I gave so much time and love to someone who ‘loved’ just as much. Due to him starting in a new place we drifted and he made new friends. We decided it best to split three months ago. He got a bit mean a few times but I think it was guilt.

I’ve just seen him on his Instagram story buying lavish drinks and meals after a theatre trip with his new girlfriend all over her. With me he never took me out to save me money.

I put up with him and supported him emotionally through losing a parent to cancer and other troubles. I was always there for him and he seemed to appreciate it so much.

So how can he be so attentive and loving and spending money on a new girlfriend like this who he doesn’t even properly know yet?

I’m so bitter it just hurts so much. I’ve unfollowed him but this has hurt too much.

I hope their relationship fails and I know that’s awful but I do.
Original post by Anonymous
I gave so much time and love to someone who ‘loved’ just as much. Due to him starting in a new place we drifted and he made new friends. We decided it best to split three months ago. He got a bit mean a few times but I think it was guilt.

I’ve just seen him on his Instagram story buying lavish drinks and meals after a theatre trip with his new girlfriend all over her. With me he never took me out to save me money.

I put up with him and supported him emotionally through losing a parent to cancer and other troubles. I was always there for him and he seemed to appreciate it so much.

So how can he be so attentive and loving and spending money on a new girlfriend like this who he doesn’t even properly know yet?

I’m so bitter it just hurts so much. I’ve unfollowed him but this has hurt too much.

I hope their relationship fails and I know that’s awful but I do.

You're two different people, and it sounds like you definitely weren't right for each other. Be happy that he's found someone he is happy with, and you'll find someone too. It's good that you've unfollowed him. You'll eventually get over it and stop feeling as bitter. Fill your life with things you enjoy doing.
You are looking at this the wrong way- its an opportunity for you to find a partner who will be everything positive that your ex was not.
You are out of a relationship with an ex who said unpleasant things to you and took you for granted.
You are now free to find a guy who will appreciate you.
Move forward with your life, leave bitterness behind you and go looking for your future.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
You're two different people, and it sounds like you definitely weren't right for each other. Be happy that he's found someone he is happy with, and you'll find someone too. It's good that you've unfollowed him. You'll eventually get over it and stop feeling as bitter. Fill your life with things you enjoy doing.

Thanks, I felt **** being so bitter. He also texted me to ask why I unfollowed and sounded sad. I’ll keep it that way though. I’m looking forward to a fresh start and I’ll follow ur advice
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
You are looking at this the wrong way- its an opportunity for you to find a partner who will be everything positive that your ex was not.
You are out of a relationship with an ex who said unpleasant things to you and took you for granted.
You are now free to find a guy who will appreciate you.
Move forward with your life, leave bitterness behind you and go looking for your future.

That’s so true when you look at it like that, it wasn’t all that great at the end like you say so I deserve better.
hey I know how u feel cos my ex bf treats his new gf better than me too now that they've been together for a while I'm kind of over it though
He’s not doing this to hurt you. After losing a parent his worldview has probably undergone a massive change, and that living his best life has new meaning for him. Hence the change in spending patterns.
Reply 7
Original post by cherlloydfan1
hey I know how u feel cos my ex bf treats his new gf better than me too now that they've been together for a while I'm kind of over it though

It really sucks to think ‘why didn’t they treat me like that?’ I think that’s what hurts not even the break up. I’m getting over it too, especially knowing others want to treat us better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending