Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I recently found out about Lancaster university and at first people didn’t gave me positive feedback about this university for example the fact that it is a boring university within boring city (not a city for outgoing people/nightlife is pretty low). They said that it’s not part of the Russel group for a reason but then I checked out few websites and it shows that Lancaster Uni is pretty much in top 10 unis in UK which is good so I am a bit confused (websites: studyin, the completeuniversityguide,guardian )
So I was wondering if people have some opinions on that university. It’s because I am kinda interested in this uni
(Useful information?: I am planning on studying law next year, atm I am mostly getting Bs in my subjects which are law, English lit and history, opportunities for students, student satisfaction, research/teaching, job prospect after graduation and if that also helps I like to have fun therefore I like to party so I am curious if nightlife there is good too hahahahahaha)
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I recently found out about Lancaster university and at first people didn’t gave me positive feedback about this university for example the fact that it is a boring university within boring city (not a city for outgoing people/nightlife is pretty low). They said that it’s not part of the Russel group for a reason but then I checked out few websites and it shows that Lancaster Uni is pretty much in top 10 unis in UK which is good so I am a bit confused (websites: studyin, the completeuniversityguide,guardian )
So I was wondering if people have some opinions on that university. It’s because I am kinda interested in this uni
(Useful information?: I am planning on studying law next year, atm I am mostly getting Bs in my subjects which are law, English lit and history, opportunities for students, student satisfaction, research/teaching, job prospect after graduation and if that also helps I like to have fun therefore I like to party so I am curious if nightlife there is good too hahahahahaha)
My daughter did Psychology at Lancaster and she liked it a lot, although it is true that Lancaster is a small city and the night life is not as exciting as bigger uni cities. For Law, most unis that are comparable in rankings require something like AAA/AAB whereas Lancaster accepted people with BBB in Clearing last year so if you are mostly getting B's, it could be a good insurance choice.

She is a bit of a party animal herself and Lancaster wasn't her first choice but she made good friends and they had lots of fun so you can still enjoy yourself in smaller cities
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi anon,
The night life is definitely there if you want it! There's three clubs in town, the main one being the Sugarhouse which is run by the SU and has free buses to and from campus and is only for students. The other clubs run different nights and are welcome to anyone. If pubs and bars are your thing I'd definitely recommend because that's what I think Lancaster does best. On campus there's 9 bars and there's numerous in town, but the important thing is, it's CHEAP and going out will be way cheaper than in a big city, where maybe you have more choice. I'd recommend coming to visit if you can, you'll get the best feel of the place (maybe stay overnight during term time to get a real glimpse!). Let me know if you have any specific questions I can help you answer about your course or the town or anything else!
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Dexter321
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They said that it’s not part of the Russel group for a reason
.......because Lancaster has chosen not to pay to join. Exeter and others according to the internet are believed to have paid £500k each to join more than 5 years ago. People pretending the reason Lancaster isn't Russell Group is because of standards aren't understanding what they're saying.
Last edited by Dexter321; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.07%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.81%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.25%

Watched Threads