Who is benching about 75/80kg here?

Watch
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lara C.)
how does more mass aid in the lifting process? the only thing more bone mass is going to do is put more strain on the muscles, which will mean you actually lift less.

all the power comes from the muscles. nowhere else.
And if you've been lugging around a skeleton the size of a bear for the past 25 years it's likely you're going to have some muscle on you.

Edit: Not to mention that if you have a naturally large everything else, why wouldn't you also have naturally large muscles?
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Planto)
And if you've been lugging around a skeleton the size of a bear for the past 25 years it's likely you're going to have some muscle on you.
if thats your argument then you can just go and shove that one pal.

saying a guy with bigger bones will be stronger because hes been lifting bigger bones about is so ****ing stupid its unbelievable.
Planto
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow, aren't we a sour cookie. Go and choke.
Tyler Durden
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
how does more mass aid in the lifting process? the only thing more bone mass is going to do is put more strain on the muscles, which will mean you actually lift less.

all the power comes from the muscles. nowhere else.
You are now saying bigger bones means you lift less?? That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard.
burningnun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Strong ignorage of my post, which was not a load of bull.
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by burningnun)
I think muscles are attached to bones, and the bigger bones are the bigger muscles can attach to them. I also think that force output of a muscle can be limited by its cross sectional area, which means that bigger muscles are more useful.
when your muscles become so big that the size of your bones attaching to them becomes a limitation then you will have to be so incredibly humongous it could never happen.
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Tyler Durden)
You are now saying bigger bones means you lift less?? That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard.
please tell me how bigger bones means you will be stronger. saying that your muscles will automatically be bigger because theyve been lifting a larger weight is rediculous. you can be 6ft4 with huge bones yet be weaker than a 5ft guy with small bones who just happens to have been lifting weights for alot longer.
Planto
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
please tell me how bigger bones means you will be stronger. saying that your muscles will automatically be bigger because theyve been lifting a larger weight is rediculous. you can be 6ft4 with huge bones yet be weaker than a 5ft guy with small bones who just happens to have been lifting weights for alot longer.
Nobody said you can't. "Lifting weights for a lot longer" is quite a bias on that blindingly obvious observation there, my keen friend.
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
But i did not provide an example of somebody who had been lifting for longer, and you appear to have lost your train of thought: 'saying that your muscles will automatically be bigger because they've been lifting a larger weight is ridiculous'. Now you're being ridiculous and not even arguing in the correct argument
burningnun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
when your muscles become so big that the size of your bones attaching to them becomes a limitation then you will have to be so incredibly humongous it could never happen.
But perhaps people with larger bones - an adaption which makes it possible to add more muscle mass - are genetically predisposed to having bigger muscles. It's not too much of a stretch IMO, that endomorphs and mesomorphs tend to be stronger than ectomorphs. In fact, it's not a stretch at all because it's true.
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
right. wtf are we arguing about. thread summary please.
burningnun
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think I'd better bench something.
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
(Original post by burningnun)
I think I'd better bench something.
preferably Lara lol!
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
Nothing - it's over. The overwhelming consensus appears to be stacked against you :p:
FluxC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Basically, stfu you *****es and lift some weights and eat for bigger muscles and increased bone density.

People who are 'naturally' built without ever lifting a weight are usually just fat.
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
preferably Lara lol!
id like to see that skinny ecto try!
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nothing - it's over. The overwhelming consensus appears to be stacked against you :p:
your wrong. end of. /thread.
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
your wrong. end of. /thread.
End of you.
Lara C.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
End of you.
illl put an end to you you little nob if you dont stop with that attitude.
Tyler Durden
Rep:
?
Ha ha ha ha. I remember you. Dac...changed you name, changed your identity. Now.. be gone! End of thread. My attitude is just fine. You want to put an end to me? Just try.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (247)
57.31%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (57)
13.23%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.9%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (37)
8.58%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.41%

Watched Threads