i am struggling with my gcse subjects :(

Watch
Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
ive always revised using seneca,text books,notes and past papers yet in my mocks i barely get a lvl7 im unsure what do in terms of revision, will apreciate any advice
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Sleepy_Hollow-_-)
ive always revised using seneca,text books,notes and past papers yet in my mocks i barely get a lvl7 im unsure what do in terms of revision, will apreciate any advice
Your answers arent detailed and focused enough on what they want. Look at mark schemes and examiners reports then see where the marks that get you from a 7 to a 9 are. Looking at some model answers may also help.
Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Thanks bud im gonna try that out
elliotdada
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Try exam questions for each topic from this website

http://www.toplevels.co.uk/gcse-aqa-physics/
Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by elliotdada)
Try exam questions for each topic from this website

http://www.toplevels.co.uk/gcse-aqa-physics/
thanks that's really gonna help never found a website that makes it so clear for the topics in each paper
elliotdada
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
thanks that's really gonna help never found a website that makes it so clear for the topics in each paper
Thank you very much for your very kind words. Please can you let other friends know as well. Thnx.
dsmith23
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Give examsolutions a try for GCSE maths: https://www.examsolutions.net/gcse-maths/
safia.2002
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Well my GCSE grades aren't the best check them out. Anyway I used Seneca for A level and it is terrible - for gentle revision I think it's okay but don't spend the majority of your time on there. When you do mock papers- do one question at a time and then mark it - you will realise your mistakes and gap in your knowledge . For English I watched youtube videos and got a 9 - it may not help for you but experiment - maybe you need to change up your revision techniques . Goodluck!
Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Rep:
?
(Original post by safia.2002)
Well my GCSE grades aren't the best check them out. Anyway I used Seneca for A level and it is terrible - for gentle revision I think it's okay but don't spend the majority of your time on there. When you do mock papers- do one question at a time and then mark it - you will realise your mistakes and gap in your knowledge . For English I watched youtube videos and got a 9 - it may not help for you but experiment - maybe you need to change up your revision techniques . Goodluck!
your GCSE grades are good, getting a level 9 in science and english isnt easy ik lol. appreciate the help i'll try and change my revision techniques accordingly
Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Rep:
?
(Original post by dsmith23)
Give examsolutions a try for GCSE maths: https://www.examsolutions.net/gcse-maths/
the website is great. Thanks for the recommendation
Sleepy_Hollow-_-
Rep:
?
(Original post by elliotdada)
Thank you very much for your very kind words. Please can you let other friends know as well. Thnx.
No problem, i'll let everyone know about the website
safia.2002
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
your GCSE grades are good, getting a level 9 in science and english isnt easy ik lol. appreciate the help i'll try and change my revision techniques accordingly
If I had a 9 in science I'd be happy but I got a 8/7 . All I did for aqa English was revise from Mr Salle's teaches English or something like that. He's on yt you should check him out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads