The Student Room Group

19 y/o First Ever Date - What Do I Do?

I've got my first ever date in a few days and I'm a little nervous. I met him through uni, I'd see him in the common room in my accommodation. I never knew his name and me n my friend just called him "the fit emo guy" lol. He found me on Facebook just over a week ago and I found out his name and we've been talking a lot and now we're going to a tea house. The thing is, I've got no clue what to do? I don't really know how to kiss (I've done pecks on the cheek/lips when I was like 14/15 and my ex drunkenly made out with me once and I had no clue what I was doing) and I haven't been in any form of relationship in three years. I know I don't HAVE to kiss him or anything if I don't want to but what are the social protocols here? Being an adult is hard.
I know this sounds cliche but it is true..... you really just need to 'be yourself'. He was interested you enough to find you on Facebook. He's remained interested enough that he has continued to talk a lot via texting. He wants to know the real you....thhe same girl that intrigued him in the commons room and the girl who was interesting enough to continue text conversation with. Don't over-think things just let them evolve over time. You're going to a tea house.... a perfectly perfect first date but usually doesn't lend itself to a kiss at the end. Assuming that goes well you'll feel more relaxed the next time you get together with him. You won't be as nervous on a second date. If you click again on the second date then he might go in for a kiss but there really isn't any tricks or tips we can give you.... it will just happen naturally/organically. You will know what to do..... just let him take the lead. Some guys are shy and he might not try to kiss you for several dates so be prepared that that might happen as well.
Just go and enjoy being in that exact moment and don't worry too far ahead on the date about what might happen next.....the first thing you have to do is just be you and let him get to know who you are. Hope you have a great time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending