Nithumigah
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am currently in Year 11 and am going to be doing my mocks at the end of November. I am looking for advice on how to revise for each of my subjects as the mock will assess everything we have learnt so far for all of my subjects and I would love to reach my target grade or exceed, especially Maths as I am definitely doing it for A level. All advice would be much appreciated
Maths- Grade 9
Biology-Grade 8
Chemistry-Grade 8
Physics-Grade 8
English Literature- Grade 7
English Language- Grade 7
Computer Science- Grade 7
Business- Grade 8
Geography-Grade 8
French- Grade 8
FrancisAntepim
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can only talk for sciences here, but, the most important aspect of revising with quality will have to be exam questions. Try to get all the content in your head, which I would recommend highly watching FreeScienceLessons on YouTube (if you haven't already). He covers every topic of Sciences with short videos which turned out to be very very useful for my GCSEs! After you have the content packed ready in your brain, do as many past papers and exam questions from physicsandmathstutor.com and you should honestly be very prepared for a 9!
username3864568
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nithumigah)
Hi, I am currently in Year 11 and am going to be doing my mocks at the end of November. I am looking for advice on how to revise for each of my subjects as the mock will assess everything we have learnt so far for all of my subjects and I would love to reach my target grade or exceed, especially Maths as I am definitely doing it for A level. All advice would be much appreciated
Maths- Grade 9
Biology-Grade 8
Chemistry-Grade 8
Physics-Grade 8
English Literature- Grade 7
English Language- Grade 7
Computer Science- Grade 7
Business- Grade 8
Geography-Grade 8
French- Grade 8
Hi so I just completed my GCSE’s and the best thing I would say is to do lots and lots of past papers.Not just to see how much you know but for subjects like the sciences and Geography you can look at the mark scheme and copy it down as notes and memories it because quite a few questions repeat themselves.Questions like the adaptations of the alveoli or terminal velocity explanation or explaining bonding have key points you need to hit to get those marks.Geography for me was a nightmare honestly but just go through the textbook,learn your case studies and definitions even though I found it hard I still got a 9.English language is just practicing now questions and asking your teacher to go through them is quite helpful.English lit is memorizing quotes but make sure you know the plot,character relationships,characters and themes in the novel and also understand the themes in poems.French is a lot of memorising and especially for the speaking learn your questions properly,search up A* phrases and use them in your writing definitely too.Practise listening a lot and reading too.Maths I would suggest practice the questions although to get a 9 what I did is to get the CGP workbook aimed at grade 8-9 and I did every single question and anything I didn’t get I asked the teacher.That helps because u need to do a lot of hard questions to hit the 9.

hope that helps and if you have anymore questions or anything I’ve said is unclear let me know and good luck 😉
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (25)
15.82%
No one else does (54)
34.18%
I'm embarrassed about my background (17)
10.76%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (53)
33.54%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.27%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.16%

Watched Threads