Rory Stewart leaves the Tories Watch

bhot_lagucj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
From an electioneering point, Corbyn is probably doing the right thing by giving Johnson enough rope and time to hang himself. I can see a GE before the end of the year though, probably approved the moment the extension is requested

He's struggling because he's grossly incompetent, always has been.

He needs a majority, or at least parliamentary support, for that though thanks to the Benn act
Boris is not going to follow the Benn act, he will find a loophole to leave with no deal, then even if it gets challenged in the supreme court, britain is already out of the EU. The plan from day 1 was to stall parliament, leave with no deal, call an election, win an election and then resume the status quo.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bhot_lagucj)
Boris is not going to follow the Benn act, he will find a loophole to leave with no deal, then even if it gets challenged in the supreme court, britain is already out of the EU. The plan from day 1 was to stall parliament, leave with no deal, call an election, win an election and then resume the status quo.
Then he won't get his election because he'll be in prison for contempt
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Rory Stewart is a joke of a politician. His views are not Conservative and, as one commentator said on Sky, he would have made a great leader for the Lib Dems or Labour, but not the Tories.
he actually looks like that nice Mr Thorpe ?

https://static.noticiasdenavarra.com...19027593_1.jpg

https://fournews-assets-prod-s3-ew1-...0_g_w-None.jpg
Last edited by the bear; 2 weeks ago
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
No fumbling amateur contract hitmen in Rory's case. One hopes.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
No fumbling amateur contract hitmen in Rory's case. One hopes.
:run: :007:
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bhot_lagucj)
He's going to try to use the EU's inevitable rejection of his sloppy half-baked proposal as FINAL PROOF that the EU ARE NASTY and take that back to the House and argue that therefore he can't be bound by it as the EU won't play ball.

Cumming's cunning plans seem to become more and more pathetically transparent as time goes on.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lol. He looks frustrated when asked a question.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
the fact that he is more liked by supporters of the opposition parties than his own, should tell you the problem..

Stupid political decision though, leaving to stand as an indipendant for the mayor of London? He has no chance. Hes not going to win the left-wing vote away from Khan, and hes not going to win the right-wing vote because hes a remainer.

If he wants to remain in politics.. join the libs. If he doesn't, resign.. but the idea to run for the mayor of london is just stupid.
BrexitPopulist
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good. Hopefully he’ll find a new party where his views are more representative of its members.
Enough of this ‘broad church’ rubbish, which is basically just PR for having unrepresentative, establishment candidates imposed from above on local membership. I’m glad the Conservative and Labour parties are both becoming more democratic.🙂

Although I disagree with him on virtually everything, Rory actually seems like a genuine, decent guy and I wish him good luck esp in the mayoral race (unless the Brexit party fields a decent candidate)
BrexitPopulist
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
the fact that he is more liked by supporters of the opposition parties than his own, should tell you the problem..

Stupid political decision though, leaving to stand as an indipendant for the mayor of London? He has no chance. Hes not going to win the left-wing vote away from Khan, and hes not going to win the right-wing vote because hes a remainer.

If he wants to remain in politics.. join the libs. If he doesn't, resign.. but the idea to run for the mayor of london is just stupid.
I agree with you, that said apparently he’s done some private polling and done very well , I doubt he’ll win but I don’t think it’s as far fetched as you’ve made out
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)

Some commentators think he is popular among the young and liberal electorate. As London is more liberal than the rest of the country, do you think he has a chance?
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BrexitPopulist)
Good. Hopefully he’ll find a new party where his views are more representative of its members.
Enough of this ‘broad church’ rubbish, which is basically just PR for having unrepresentative, establishment candidates imposed from above on local membership. I’m glad the Conservative and Labour parties are both becoming more democratic.🙂

Although I disagree with him on virtually everything, Rory actually seems like a genuine, decent guy and I wish him good luck esp in the mayoral race (unless the Brexit party fields a decent candidate)
He stole his friend’s wife. He is not as genuine or decent as you think. There was an article about him months ago, where he was obliterated for his somewhat shady past.
BrexitPopulist
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
He stole his friend’s wife. He is not as genuine or decent as you think. There was an article about him months ago, where he was obliterated for his somewhat shady past.
What article? I only found a telegraph one which didn’t seem so bad. I don’t expect our politicians to be saints in their personal lives.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What article? I only found a telegraph one which didn’t seem so bad. I don’t expect our politicians to be saints in their personal lives.
I am unable to remember the exact publication, sorry. But it was scathing about Mr Stewart. Apparently, he was stationed in the Middle East and “took” the wife of a colleague.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
indeed. he was a member of the Labour Party at one time :mob:
BrexitPopulist
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am unable to remember the exact publication, sorry. But it was scathing about Mr Stewart. Apparently, he was stationed in the Middle East and “took” the wife of a colleague.
Eh I once ‘took’ the fiancée of a colleague, modernity is complicated. I strongly support traditional values but regrettably that isn’t the world we live in, for now at least.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good, he's very odd looking. Sinister....
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
indeed. he was a member of the Labour Party at one time :mob:
I was surprised that he did not remain in such a fine Party as the Labour Party. He lost his soul when he moved over to the dark side.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Eh I once ‘took’ the fiancée of a colleague, modernity is complicated. I strongly support traditional values but regrettably that isn’t the world we live in, for now at least.
A fiancee is not the same as another man’s wife.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Rory Stewart is a joke of a politician. His views are not Conservative and, as one commentator said on Sky, he would have made a great leader for the Lib Dems or Labour, but not the Tories.
Believe it or not, the Conservative Party is not just a lot of port-soaked Sir Bufton Tuftons, weird narrow-eyed "sovereigntists", aggressive gammons who hate the modern world and creepy teenage Thatcherite yobbos in ill-fitting suits.

These swivel-eyed sorts might feel emboldened in the party right now, but given half the chance they'll run decades of reasonableness, moderation and a reputation for competence into the ground.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.21%
No (215)
76.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed