The Student Room Group

GCSE

im now in yr9 but wanted to know what options i should take for gcse if i want to take law in a uni. i figured history was pretty obvious, but should i take a language? and what should my other option be?
Original post by Julia779032
im now in yr9 but wanted to know what options i should take for gcse if i want to take law in a uni. i figured history was pretty obvious, but should i take a language? and what should my other option be?

Hiiiii,I’ve just finished my GCSE’s actually and I know it can be difficult choosing subjects.Law doesn’t actually have any specific requirements for the course but it is recommended to take essay based subjects like History,Geography,R.S and English literature.Although make sure u pick subjects you love and enjoy too! Hope that helps
Reply 2
Original post by Summerset1276
Hiiiii,I’ve just finished my GCSE’s actually and I know it can be difficult choosing subjects.Law doesn’t actually have any specific requirements for the course but it is recommended to take essay based subjects like History,Geography,R.S and English literature.Although make sure u pick subjects you love and enjoy too! Hope that helps

thanks!!
Reply 3
Pick academic subjects you enjoy. There aren;'t any specific A levels required for Law* so there certainly aren't any GCSEs.

The most popular 3 A levels for successful Law applicants are History, English Literature and Maths but you could do anything - I've known some get to Cambridge to read Law with Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and French
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
Pick academic subjects you enjoy. There aren;'t any specific A levels required for Law* so there certainly aren't any GCSEs.

The most popular 3 A levels for successful Law applicants are History, English Literature and Maths but you could do anything - I've known some get to Cambridge to read Law with Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and French

thanks! some many people have told me that english literature is better than english language, but harder. is that true?
Reply 5
Original post by Julia779032
thanks! some many people have told me that english literature is better than english language, but harder. is that true?

At GCSE, English Language is more important. At A Level, English Literature is better regarded and is slightly harder than English Language (and English Language does not count as a facilitating subject) but you should pick the one you enjoy more (if you're going to pick either - you don't have to pick one).

Quick Reply

Latest