Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im from ireland but there is a work experience scheme that takes place every july for 10 days. I want to apply but Ive never been to London and don't know where to stay. The office is in central london- does anyone know of reasonable accomodation close to the centre? are any of the uni campuses appropriate? im a 17 yr old girl so my budget is pretty low.

all help much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    where is the office particularly. the City or somewhere in the west end? got a name?

ReputationRep:
    as far as I know, somewhere called King Charles Street

ReputationRep:
    Search for bed and breakfasts on google

First go to multimap.co.uk and find out what the nearest tube station is to kings charles street so you have a way of finding bed and breakfasts near it.

ReputationRep:
    You have no hope in hell of finding reasonable accomodation in the center. Just look for something that's near a tube station within zone 2/3. That way you can travel to work easily.

ReputationRep:
    some universities rent out rooms over the summer, that's probably your best bet. Is it King Charles II street? if so it's just by picadilly circus, really central.

ReputationRep:
    its beside downing street - the fco building - st james park area. im completely having second thoughts now - does anyone know what kind of prices were talking per night?

ReputationRep:
    Go to the London universities - LSE etc - who will often have rooms available. Price-wise, we're talking a lot though... upwards of £16/night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricroc)
    im from ireland but there is a work experience scheme that takes place every july for 10 days. I want to apply but Ive never been to London and don't know where to stay. The office is in central london- does anyone know of reasonable accomodation close to the centre? are any of the uni campuses appropriate? im a 17 yr old girl so my budget is pretty low.

all help much appreciated!
    talk to the company arranging hte work exp - they must have some suggestions or could put you in touch with someone who has taken part in the scheme before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    talk to the company arranging hte work exp - they must have some suggestions or could put you in touch with someone who has taken part in the scheme before.
    Yeah. They'll have done it all before.

But you won't find anything cheap in the centre. Look for something out in the sticks, next to a tube station, and budget for the cost of a ticket into London everyday (£Ripoff).

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.