business level 3 btecWatch this thread
Explain the features of a businesses.
You are continuing with your work placement in the Economic Development Unit (EDU) at your local council working with the officers who are responsible for publications, brochures and guides. You have been asked to select and investigate a large business that trades in the European Union (EU) and use. This research to write a report that evaluates the effects of the environment on that business.
Write a brief background of your chosen business making sure that you make reference to the fact that the business trades in the EU. You also need to discuss what the business sells or trades in, how much profit it makes, how popular the business.
What exactly are you asking? You haven't said a question, all you've done is posted your assignment brief...
• Explain a competitive environment.
o The competitive environment to include competition, competitive advantage and the factors that influence competitive advantage
• Discuss the various types of competition for your chosen business
• Discuss how competition affects your chosen business as well as how they deal or cope with competition
• Discuss the internal environment to include corporate culture and corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
• The influences on the chosen business’ demand, supply and price, including elasticity of demand.
o The different market structures ( perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly) that the business operates in, their impact on pricing and output decisions and the business ‘response to these
a. Write a brief explanation of PESTLE explaining each letter briefly.
Discuss in detail, how each of these factors affects your chosen business..
Your report should include effects of the following on your chosen business
• Change in government laws
• National Minimum wage
• Trading with the EU
• European Commission laws
• Government support –grants, provision of transport and facilities