sineadmooney19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm applying for medicine in 2020, with achieved grades A*AA (with an A* in biology) and UCAT of 2380 (average subtest score 595) wondering where I should apply with a lowish UCAT. I'm thinking Queen's Belfast, Leicester, Cardiff and Aberdeen. Any other options or imput is appreciated, ie. if anyone knows unis who can look past a UCAT score if you have achieved grades already?? Thanks!
DGeorge13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sineadmooney19)
I'm applying for medicine in 2020, with achieved grades A*AA (with an A* in biology) and UCAT of 2380 (average subtest score 595) wondering where I should apply with a lowish UCAT. I'm thinking Queen's Belfast, Leicester, Cardiff and Aberdeen. Any other options or imput is appreciated, ie. if anyone knows unis who can look past a UCAT score if you have achieved grades already?? Thanks!
Post to the megathread. Pretty sure that at Cardiff they add points to your gcse score if you have achieved grades and they aren’t too reliant on UCAT, I think that so long as when scoring yourself at QUB you get a score in line with previous cutoffs you should be ok as they don’t look at UCAT that heavily in the grand scheme of things. I think you would need to score yourself at Leicester- last year 54.5 points was ok. Have you registered for bmat as that could probably open more options for you if you have
sineadmooney19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sineadmooney19)
QUB give you full academics with achieved A levels.
Leicester will guarantee you an interview "Provided you have attained at least grade B at first sitting in the 4 mandatory GCSE subjects, plus AAA or A*AB at A level (or IB 36 or more including 666 or 7,6,51 in HL subjects) in our required subjects within 2 years of your GCSEs, AND have a total UCAT score in the top 7 deciles with an SJT Band 1-3 we will automatically invite you to interview provided you are within 2 years of leaving school"
Cardiff add A level scores to GCSE (but you don't state your GCSEs?)
Exeter is possibly a better choice than Aberdeen as achieved grades boost you up a tier, so you would be in tier 3, which is where the cut off fell last year (though you may still lose out if they use a UCAT tiebreaker)
Otherwise Keele and Sunderland use their verson of the PS to score applicants and only ask that you are 3rd decile or above (and you are)
Edge Hill, as a new med school, may also have a lower cut off and depending on GCSEs, SJT and UCAT breakdown, Lincoln may be an option
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
57.52%
I don't have everything I need (144)
42.48%

Watched Threads