The Student Room Group

can i get into uni to do midwifery ??????!!!!

so i was wondering im doing health and social level 3, travel and tourism and applied science in sixth form and i want to get to university so i can do midwifery would it be possible
Take a look at the entry requirements on-line at a few unis. Also, to be sure, give admissions a call.
Original post by kekekim87
so i was wondering im doing health and social level 3, travel and tourism and applied science in sixth form and i want to get to university so i can do midwifery would it be possible

As long as you hit the entry requirements you can. How come you’ve done three different BTECs?
Reply 3
Original post by kekekim87

From the looks of the subjects you are doing applied sciences and health and social care meet the entry requirements so that’s always a good start. Not to discourage you but midwifery is the hardest nursing role to get into because it is not in as much demand as adult nursing and child nursing so to get the best possible Head-start I would suggest you do some sort of work experience to make your personal statement look more favourable. Best of wishes I hope you get into it.
Original post by Qaali123
From the looks of the subjects you are doing applied sciences and health and social care meet the entry requirements so that’s always a good start. Not to discourage you but midwifery is the hardest nursing role to get into because it is not in as much demand as adult nursing and child nursing so to get the best possible Head-start I would suggest you do some sort of work experience to make your personal statement look more favourable. Best of wishes I hope you get into it.

From experience child nursing is difficult due to limited spaces. adult nursing has lots of spaces. Midwives are high in demand due to the shortage of midwives at the moment, the course is just as hard as the other fields.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending