The Student Room Group

What's your biggest tip for saving money?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kutie Karen
Are you recommeding music magpie or is there other sites you can recomment

I'm not roconmeding any site I've just used them in the past. Put in the internet sell books and see what comes up
Original post by looloo2134
I'm not roconmeding any site I've just used them in the past. Put in the internet sell books and see what comes up

yep can do that but wanted to use something that others have a good experience of.
Original post by Kutie Karen
Yes that it is true but don't have space to keep it all:frown:

fair enough but there are levels of bulk buying. Not saying you need to buy 24 packs of everything but to the biggest you can justify
Hey guys!

We understand how hard it can be saving money while at university! :smile:

Here are a couple of our top tips when it comes to saving money and studying:

1. Buy your stationary supplies in bulk, and keep a hold of them
Though laptops for note-taking are much more common these days, students can still run through an awful lot of pens and notepads. Rather than just buying stationary as you need it, consider going to an office discount store and buying in bulk. Whilst you pay more upfront you will save quite a bit as the cost averages out. Of course, bulk buying also holds true for non-perishable/long-life foods like pasta, rice and canned goods. Cash n carry is a good option if you know the right people! Also, consider 99p and £1 stores you can buy a range of things from batteries to shampoo to snacks at vastly discounted rates. Just check that the product sizes are comparable.

2. Make a shopping list and plan your main meals
Sticking to a shopping budget isn’t easy, even with a shopping list. Supermarkets are laid out in a way to encourage you to impulse buy and spend more. The easiest way to avoid overspending is to only bring the amount of money you’re willing to spend with you and don’t use your card. Or if you can be disciplined consider doing your supermarket shop online which is the easiest way to compare special offers across various supermarkets.

If you'd like to find out more ways to save money at uni check out our blog post all about it here: https://www.futurefinance.com/blog/six-tips-for-managing-your-student-finance/ :yeah:
Dont spend much and save the rest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending