tarasewiczE11387
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm in year 11 and thinking of doing something like economics for uni. After a lot of research to get into the top uni's a level maths and further maths is preferred. I'm currently doing a levels polish on Saturdays and thinking of doing either psychology or economics next yr (with the FM and maths) I am aware that you do not neeed economics and I always wanted to do psychology because I find it interesting however from the best of my knowledge it's not looked at too well by the top universities.... I feel like doing economics as the fourth one may be too maths based and I rlly want to do psychology...
If anyone can answer that would be great - it's the first time me posting on this and I like to use this website as a reference often, thanksss 😬🙃
P.s. btw I'm trying to get all 7's and 8's for my GCSEs -fun....
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tarasewiczE11387)
Hi, I'm in year 11 and thinking of doing something like economics for uni. After a lot of research to get into the top uni's a level maths and further maths is preferred. I'm currently doing a levels polish on Saturdays and thinking of doing either psychology or economics next yr (with the FM and maths) I am aware that you do not neeed economics and I always wanted to do psychology because I find it interesting however from the best of my knowledge it's not looked at too well by the top universities.... I feel like doing economics as the fourth one may be too maths based and I rlly want to do psychology...
If anyone can answer that would be great - it's the first time me posting on this and I like to use this website as a reference often, thanksss 😬🙃
P.s. btw I'm trying to get all 7's and 8's for my GCSEs -fun....
Most leading universities are fine with Psychology. If that is your preferred choice take it. See LSE below

As the majority of our applicants apply with A-levels, this guidance is written primarily towards that audience. However, the information contained is relevant to students offering any qualification. If you are unsure how this guidance applies to your qualification, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office.Note that where specific guidance regarding the suitability of a particular subject/subject combination is given on the entry requirements pages of Information for international students, that guidance supersedes the more general guidance given below.Subject combinations and non-preferred subjectsThe School considers not only the individual qualifications offered by applicants but also the combination of subjects offered. Individual degree programmes may have specific subject requirements or preferences which are listed in the admissions criteria for each individual programme. We also have a number of general policies, listed below.We consider traditional academic subjects to be the best preparation for studying at LSE. We expect applicants to offer at least two full A-levels or IBDP Higher Levels in these subjects (although typically, applicants will apply with three or four); please see the list below for guidance.Some subjects provide a less effective preparation for study at LSE. We refer to these as non-preferred subjects; please see the list below for guidance. These subjects should only be offered in combination with two traditional academic subjects.Finally, there are a small number of A-levels which are normally excluded from our standard offer; please see the list below. Applicants should offer three full A-levels or equivalent alongside these subjects.Common traditional academic/'generally preferred' subjects:

Ancient History
Biology
Classical Civilisation
Chemistry
Computing
Economics
Electronics
English (English Language, English Literature and English Language and Literature)
Further Mathematics*
Geography
Government and Politics
History
Languages: Modern Foreign, Classic and Community**
Law
Mathematics
Music
Philosophy
Physics
Psychology
Religious Studies
Sociology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (69)
18.16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.42%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (143)
37.63%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.63%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.16%

Watched Threads