Another year, another sob story in progress.... Watch

wazzupitsme
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know, I know, I’m a month late in starting this GYG blog but excuse moi.....

Name:  1176262.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  206.4 KB

Hey guys its wazzupitsme and welcome to my A-Level GYG blog for 2019/2020. And here’s the much awaited brief introduction. My name is Sneha, 17 years old, currently in year 13, relatively new here(seriously, joined 5 days ago) and a massive procrastinator in crucial times. So really you already know why this GYG blog has fallen into place.
But before all you people doing your GCSE’s/IGCSE’s/AS-Level this year click on the ‘back’ button, let me tell you that I’d be happy to answer any and all of your queries posted in this thread in if they are in relation to the subjects I’d undertaken(with a lot of hassle) previously.

And if you are wondering why I have started this blog(which you really ought to think over) and what this blog can offer you, don’t worry, I’ve got it covered for you.

Name:  download.png
Views: 41
Size:  4.0 KB

Why I started this blog?:absinth:
Spoiler:
Show
  • Massive procrastinator as stated before so I’m hoping having GYG blog would help me stick to my schedules(I’ve made tons of them and not followed even one of them) and inspire myself to study harder from you guys’ personal experiences as well.

• I have failed to come across any other GYG blogs that talk about the subjects which I have chosen-most bloggers lean towards the arts and sciences(smart peeps) and I think there may be some people on TSR who feel the same way if they take the commerce related subjects(especially when the questions on the forums are left unanswered).

• It feels amazing to talk to others who a)find A-Levels to be a living nightmare(even though we are only a month into the academic year) and b)aren’t people you personally know(say from school).

What can I promise you on my GYG blog?
Spoiler:
Show
  • Looooooooonnnnnggggg posts-you wouldn’t know what hit you

• At least 3 posts a week (I’m letting you know in advance that I can get super busy at times)

• Study tips, my personal referral notes that would lighten the need to read the entire textbook, crazy school life, memes???

• I won’t leave your comments/questions unanswered - pinky promise

• FRIDAY VENT CLUB for all of us who want to rant about the randomest things-there’s more beyond school and studies

Ooooohhhh, I also almost, sorta, kinda forgot about including my grades from my IGCSE and AS-Level examinations but don’t get your hopes too high on what they look like.

IGCSE(CAIE)

Spoiler:
Show
Environmental Management-A*
English as First Language-A*
Mathematics(extended)-A*
Accounting-A
Business Studies-A
Economics-A
Geography-A
Information and Communication Technology-A

AS-LEVEL(CAIE)

Spoiler:
Show
Business-A
Economics-A
Accounting-B
English Language-B

AS-LEVEL(Edexcel-IAL)

Spoiler:
Show
Mathematics(Pure Mathematics 1 and 2 and Statistics 1)-A

And here are the subjects I’m carrying forward for my A-Levels

A-LEVEL(CAIE)
Spoiler:
Show
Business-A*(predicted)
Economics-A*(predicted)
Accounting-A(predicted)
English Language-A(predicted)

A-LEVEL(Edexcel-IAL)

Spoiler:
Show
Mathematics(Pure Mathematics 3 and 4 and Mechanics 1)-A(predicted)

Congratulations! Looks like you've managed to reach the end of my boring sermon. Anyone in a mood to try and get through this year with me???

P.S. If anyone is interested in being tagged to my posts, do feel free to let me know and if you want to know anything more about me, don’t hesitate to ask. Also, if you take any of the same subjects that I do but in different boards, feel free to post any of your queries here. The content happens to be almost the same for all boards and it would make my day knowing that I could help you.
Last edited by wazzupitsme; 4 weeks ago
Hazzabear
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wazzupitsme)
I know, I know, I’m a month late in starting this GYG blog but excuse moi.....

Name:  1176262.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  206.4 KB

Hey guys its wazzupitsme and welcome to my A-Level GYG blog for 2019/2020. And here’s the much awaited brief introduction. My name is Sneha, 17 years old, currently in year 13, belonging to the continent of Asia(my DNA test clarified that and crushed my benevolent dreams), relatively new here(seriously, joined 5 days ago), massive procrastinator in crucial times, dog lover(I can’t stand cats), martial arts lover(I hold a black belt in Taekwondo) and a Class-A chatterbox.

But before all you people doing your GCSE’s/IGCSE’s/AS-Level this year click on the ‘back’ button, let me tell you that I’d be happy to answer any and all of your queries posted in this thread in if they are in relation to the subjects I’d undertaken(with a lot of hassle) previously.

And if you are wondering why I have started this blog(which you really ought to think over) and what this blog can offer you, don’t worry, I’ve got it covered for you.

Name:  download.png
Views: 41
Size:  4.0 KB

Why I started this blog?:absinth:
Spoiler:
Show
  • Massive procrastinator as stated before so I’m hoping having GYG blog would help me stick to my schedules(I’ve made tons of them and not followed even one of them) and inspire myself to study harder from you guys’ personal experiences as well.

• I have failed to come across any other GYG blogs that talk about the subjects which I have chosen-most bloggers lean towards the arts and sciences(smart peeps) and I think there may be some people on TSR who feel the same way if they take the commerce related subjects(especially when the questions on the forums are left unanswered).

• It feels amazing to talk to others who a)find A-Levels to be a living nightmare(even though we are only a month into the academic year) and b)aren’t people you personally know(say from school).

What can I promise you on my GYG blog?

Spoiler:
Show
  • Looooooooonnnnnggggg posts-you wouldn’t know what hit you

• At least 3 posts a week (I’m letting you know in advance that I can get super busy at times)

• Study tips, my personal referral notes that would lighten the need to read the entire textbook, crazy school life, memes???

• I won’t leave your comments/questions unanswered - pinky promise

• FRIDAY VENT CLUB for all of us who want to rant about the randomest things-there’s more beyond school and studies

Ooooohhhh, I also almost, sorta, kinda forgot about including my grades from my IGCSE and AS-Level examinations but don’t get your hopes too high on what they look like.

IGCSE(CAIE)

Spoiler:
Show
Environmental Management-A*
English as First Language-A*
Mathematics(extended)-A*
Accounting-A
Business Studies-A
Economics-A
Geography-A
Information and Communication Technology-A

AS-LEVEL(CAIE)

Spoiler:
Show
Business-A
Economics-A
Accounting-B
English Language-B

AS-LEVEL(Edexcel-IAL)

Spoiler:
Show
Mathematics(Pure Mathematics 1 and 2 and Statistics 1)-A

And here are the subjects I’m carrying forward for my A-Levels

A-LEVEL(CAIE)

Spoiler:
Show
Business-A*(predicted)
Economics-A*(predicted)
Accounting-A(predicted)
English Language-A(predicted)

A-LEVEL(Edexcel-IAL)

Spoiler:
Show
Mathematics(Pure Mathematics 3 and 4 and Mechanics 1)-A(predicted)

Congratulations! Looks like you've managed to reach the end of my boring sermon. Anyone interested???

-Sneha

P.S. If anyone is interested in being tagged to my posts, do feel free to let me know and if you want to know anything more about me, don’t hesitate to ask. Also, if you take any of the same subjects that I do but in different boards, feel free to post any of your queries here. The content happens to be almost the same for all boards and it would make my day knowing that I could help you.
Hello, can I be tagged?

Good luck with your a levels!
wazzupitsme
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hello, can I be tagged?

Good luck with your a levels!
Of course! And thank you for your well wishes on my A-Levels!
Hazzabear
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course! And thank you for your well wishes on my A-Levels!
No problem and thank you
Last edited by Hazzabear; 1 month ago
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
good luck:hugs:
economics:gah:
do you know what you're going to do after year 13?
wazzupitsme
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toastiekid)
good luck:hugs:
economics:gah:
do you know what you're going to do after year 13?
I am planning on doing the ACA program offered by ICAEW. Become a chartered accountant and all. Fingers crossed on that.
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am planning on doing the ACA program offered by ICAEW. Become a chartered accountant and all. Fingers crossed on that.
awesome! best of luck:hugs:
jemima0103
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can I be tagged please
wazzupitsme
Rep:
?
(Original post by jemima0103)
Can I be tagged please
Absolutely!
wazzupitsme
Rep:
?
#1 - 08/10/19

Tuesday has to be the most boring day enlisted on my timetable. I’ve had one session (every session is timed for 50 minutes) for Math, two sessions each of Accounting and Economics and THREE sessions for Business. ALL IN ONE DAY WITH NO SPARE LESSONS! Whoever came up with our timetables…GAAAAAHHHH

And to make the day worse, we had our September monthly test papers returned. I scored an ‘A’ in Accounting and Business(YAY!) and a ‘B’ in Economics and English(I can live with that) and I got a big fat ‘E’ on Math. An ‘E’! Take a look…

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  63.7 KB

So now they’ve put me into intervention classes on the basis of just one test. Sigh.

And the weather is changing, winter is coming, and it has gifted me the most beautiful sinus infection with an equally splitting headache. So, I skipped lunch, took a tablet and took a nap. Woke up and didn’t feel any better. Decided to do math work because now I officially am TERRIBLE at it. And I got stuck on the first 2 questions I’d taken up and it got me over an hour to clear it up with the help of the marking scheme.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 8.22.06 AM.png
Views: 45
Size:  91.4 KB

I am starting think Math wasn't a smart option to go with.
Freyaire
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unfortunately that maths question looks like a foreign language to me but just wanted to say don’t get disheartened with the maths grade because the other subject grades are really really good- well done
hope2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Please could you tag me x
wazzupitsme
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Freyaire)
Unfortunately that maths question looks like a foreign language to me but just wanted to say don’t get disheartened with the maths grade because the other subject grades are really really good- well done
I know. It's just majorly disappointing because I've just flunked my first test for the year.
wazzupitsme
Rep:
?
(Original post by hope2002)
Please could you tag me x
Of course
wazzupitsme
Rep:
?
#2 - No dates.....

I was planning on doing updates here in a timely fashion but my infection got the better of me so I decided instead to do a COMBINED update of the previous days work today. Here's my progress in the last 5 days in the land of studying.......

MATHEMATICS: I've managed to cover inverse trignometric functions and their graphical representations and moved on trignometric addition formulae. I just stumbled upon the fact that sin(A+B) IS NOT equal to sin(A)+sin(B) which is crazy because in algebra X(5+2) IS equal to X(5)+X(2). Did a few practice questions aka past papers. If anyone wants to revise past papers like me after each unit, do check out physicsandmathstutor.com. However,only math papers are categorised as such. It has all the C1234 ,S1234, M12345, FP123 and D12 arranged but it may not be that useful, unless you're doing any of these papers under the edexcel board.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE: I had forgotten to mention earlier that I was planning on retaking my AS Level papers for english because I wanted to score a higher final grade at the end of my A-Levels. With a B at AS and the A-Level paper being visibly harder, it did seem like a better option so YAY! But since the retake is my personal doing, my school isn't involved and I have to juggle both AS and A-Level portions. I spent 3 days just writing up a research paper on 'Slang words and the reason for their existence'.

BUSINESS: Not much of a progress here. My teacher introduced us to Network Diagrams and I'm still figuring it out. You draw nodes at times and at times you don't. Why? No reason, it depends on the question. You draw lines at times and at times you don't. Why? No reason, it depends on the question. You label only certain arrows in a CPA. Why? Take a guess.

ACCOUNTING: Had a homwork/research work/study on IAS principles that are being followed and how they give a true nad fair view of the business' accounts. I managed to cover 21 different IAS after which the very next day my teacher concluded the class saying our syllabus requires knowledge of only 11 IAS specifications. There goes my 3 hours of time. Practiced four 25 mark questions on published accounts of limited companies.

ECONOMICS: Utility→Marginal and Total Utility→Dimnishing Marginal Utility→Marginal Rate of Substitution→Budget Lines→Indifference Curves→Income and Substitution Effect. Beautiful language only true lovers of economics would understand.

And for the rest of the time which wasn't spent catching up on the work I'd missed, I watched the entire Season 1 to 3 of Big Bang Theory on Netflix. I love doing anything to get off doing my work at times.

Last edited by wazzupitsme; 4 weeks ago
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
#2 - No dates.....

I was planning on doing updates here in a timely fashion but my infection got the better of me so I decided instead to do a COMBINED update of the previous days work today. Here's my progress in the last 5 days in the land of studying.......

MATHEMATICS: I've managed to cover inverse trignometric functions and their graphical representations and moved on trignometric addition formulae. I just stumbled upon the fact that sin(A+B) IS NOT equal to sin(A)+sin(B) which is crazy because in algebra X(5+2) IS equal to X(5)+X(2). Did a few practice questions aka past papers. If anyone wants to revise past papers like me after each unit, do check out physicsandmathstutor.com. However,only math papers are categorised as such. It has all the C1234 ,S1234, M12345, FP123 and D12 arranged but it may not be that useful, unless you're doing any of these papers under the edexcel board.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE: I had forgotten to mention earlier that I was planning on retaking my AS Level papers for english because I wanted to score a higher final grade at the end of my A-Levels. With a B at AS and the A-Level paper being visibly harder, it did seem like a better option so YAY! But since the retake is my personal doing, my school isn't involved and I have to juggle both AS and A-Level portions. I spent 3 days just writing up a research paper on 'Slang words and the reason for their existence'.

BUSINESS: Not much of a progress here. My teacher introduced us to Network Diagrams and I'm still figuring it out. You draw nodes at times and at times you don't. Why? No reason, it depends on the question. You draw lines at times and at times you don't. Why? No reason, it depends on the question. You label only certain arrows in a CPA. Why? Take a guess.

ACCOUNTING: Had a homwork/research work/study on IAS principles that are being followed and how they give a true nad fair view of the business' accounts. I managed to cover 21 different IAS after which the very next day my teacher concluded the class saying our syllabus requires knowledge of only 11 IAS specifications. There goes my 3 hours of time. Practiced four 25 mark questions on published accounts of limited companies.

ECONOMICS: Utility→Marginal and Total Utility→Dimnishing Marginal Utility→Marginal Rate of Substitution→Budget Lines→Indifference Curves→Income and Substitution Effect. Beautiful language only true lovers of economics would understand.

And for the rest of the time which wasn't spent catching up on the work I'd missed, I watched the entire Season 1 to 3 of Big Bang Theory on Netflix. I love doing anything to get off doing my work at times.

Sinus infections can be horrible, hope you feel better. xx
I was sent home yesterday because I caught my little sisters illness.
I made it in today though which is good because otherwise I wouldn't have known about the maths test I'm having next week
wazzupitsme
Rep:
?
Sinus infections can be horrible, hope you feel better. xx
I was sent home yesterday because I caught my little sisters illness.
I made it in today though which is good because otherwise I wouldn't have known about the maths test I'm having next week
It's not the best thing to bond over, but it DOES feel nice knowing someone else knows how much of a pain it becomes. And good luck on your maths test. Is it just a quiz?
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's not the best thing to bond over, but it DOES feel nice knowing someone else knows how much of a pain it becomes. And good luck on your maths test. Is it just a quiz?
It's a test on everything we've done since the start of year 12.
I hate getting colds and blocked sinuses. I seem to get it loads. I'm constantly walking around with vicks and olbas inhalers trying to decongest .
wazzupitsme
Rep:
?
It's a test on everything we've done since the start of year 12.
I hate getting colds and blocked sinuses. I seem to get it loads. I'm constantly walking around with vicks and olbas inhalers trying to decongest .
That is awful, both the test and the blocked sinus. :argh: But I think the frequent colds and blocked sinus is because of Vitamin C deficiency. Just drown 1/2 a liter of OJ everyday even though I personally find it disgusting!
hope2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
#2 - No dates.....

Hope you feel better soon!! Ur time management must be insane doing all those A levels with the AS as well:eek: Also Big Bang Theory is soooooo good. One of the funniest shows.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (89)
65.93%
No (46)
34.07%

Watched Threads