The Student Room Group

Guys, what do you think of a girl texting first?

So, basically I heard that this guy likes me and he was messaging me a few days ago and I showed no interest so he stopped, however, after thinking about things I have realised that this was a mistake and now I want to talk to him, I just wanna know what you guys would think if you had been messaging a girl and she wasn’t showing much interest but then she messaged you first?

Thanks.
see this is why guys have trouble with girls. you show no intertest then when hes over you bam your all over him. like tf??
Reply 2
Original post by zedius
see this is why guys have trouble with girls. you show no intertest then when hes over you bam your all over him. like tf??

I did like him from the beginning and there is a lot more to it as to why I didn’t show interest but I don’t really wanna post it on here. You didn’t even answer my question but thanks for what you said, I will consider that next time.
Original post by Anonymous
So, basically I heard that this guy likes me and he was messaging me a few days ago and I showed no interest so he stopped, however, after thinking about things I have realised that this was a mistake and now I want to talk to him, I just wanna know what you guys would think if you had been messaging a girl and she wasn’t showing much interest but then she messaged you first?

Thanks.

I would feel suprised, then cautious, followed by happy or slightly pissed.
Reply 4
Original post by THALCEDONY
I would feel suprised, then cautious, followed by happy or slightly pissed.

Can I ask why you would feel that way? When I say we haven’t spoke in a while I mean less than a week. I just wanna know how he would feel if I messaged him cause I wanna try and give this a go and I also don’t want him to find me weird.
Meh, I wouldn't overthink it,people take time to think about things, they also get distracted by other stuff.
Can I ask why you would feel that way? When I say we haven’t spoke in a while I mean less than a week. I just wanna know how he would feel if I messaged him cause I wanna try and give this a go and I also don’t want him to find me weird.

I'd be surprised because a girl I like who didn't show any interest in me before suddenly stared texting me out of the blue. I'd be cautious because I don't know why she's suddenly texting me-what does she want?. I'd be slightly pissed because she suddenly started texting me after giving me the cold shoulder-I'd be thinking something along the lines of "Who tf do you think you are?". If I was more naive/stupid I would be happy because the girl I like suddenly started texting me. Keep in mind that this is coming from somebody who can essentially turn their empathy on and off whenever they please. My views, feelings and thoughts as a male are not generalisable to any others.
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
Meh, I wouldn't overthink it,people take time to think about things, they also get distracted by other stuff.

So you would say I should message him hen?
Don't overthink it. just message him.
Reply 9
I'd be surprised because a girl I like who didn't show any interest in me before suddenly stared texting me out of the blue. I'd be cautious because I don't know why she's suddenly texting me-what does she want?. I'd be slightly pissed because she suddenly started texting me after giving me the cold shoulder-I'd be thinking something along the lines of "Who tf do you think you are?". If I was more naive/stupid I would be happy because the girl I like suddenly started texting me. Keep in mind that this is coming from somebody who can essentially turn their empathy on and off whenever they please. My views, feelings and thoughts as a male are not generalisable to any others.

Well thanks for explaining. I do understand why you would feel that way and I feel like he would probably feel the same, although I do know that he messaged numerous girls..
Well thanks for explaining. I do understand why you would feel that way and I feel like he would probably feel the same, although I do know that he messaged numerous girls..

If you plan on pursuing him I wish you all the best of luck... Although personally I wouldn't go for it if he was messaging multiple girls at the same time with the intention of dating.
If you plan on pursuing him I wish you all the best of luck... Although personally I wouldn't go for it if he was messaging multiple girls at the same time with the intention of dating.

Well, I can’t really have a problem with him messaging other girls since nothing is going on between us yet. Plus I don’t know him well enough yet to know what his intentions are with me or the girls he is messaging, for all I know they could just be friends, which if they are then I have no issue.
Well, I can’t really have a problem with him messaging other girls since nothing is going on between us yet. Plus I don’t know him well enough yet to know what his intentions are with me or the girls he is messaging, for all I know they could just be friends, which if they are then I have no issue.

Hence why I said "with the intention of dating":smile:
Hence why I said "with the intention of dating":smile:

Oh yeah sorry about that haha, thanks for all of your advice anyways. I hope it works out well for me haha
So you would say I should message him hen?

I don't see why not.
Ye go for it. Hed probs be oissed or shocked but np

Just make sure u present ur feelings clearly. No beating around the bush. Same 4 him too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending