I know ppl say there’s no hard or easy alevels but which alevel is the easiest?

Watch
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Which alevel is the easiest to understand a mad revise???? Would you say geography alevel is hard? And how common is it to get an A or A* in it ?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Which alevel is the easiest to understand a mad revise???? Would you say geography alevel is hard? And how common is it to get an A or A* in it ?
I found my geography A-Level challenging, yes. I did the old spec though, and had to resit the AS.

The A-Level easiest to understand is whichever one is easiest for you. Some people find chemistry really easy, whereas for me that would have been my nightmare. I loved psychology and found it fairly simple, but others in my class hated it and really struggled.
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I find sociology really easy!
THALCEDONY
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I find Chemistry to be the easiest. I do Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Religious Studies.
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It all depends how your own brain is wired, and what you're naturally good at.

There are those who would thrive in Art, Drama, Music or PE --- easiest for them. But for others Maths and Physics are a breeze. Still others (especially if they're mother tongue speakers!) find languages a doddle. If you enjoy reading, analysing and giving your own understanding: History, English Lit, Sociology and RS could be for you.

No A-level is intrinsically easier than any other. They are equal in size and difficulty. You need to decide what's best for you in terms of your own capabilities and career needs.
Justice24
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Always relative to the person's strengths. But idk if geography is hard but all i know is that a lot of people in my year don't like it (despite a trip to iceland?) and that my teachers made me feel really guilty in not picking it.
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ah thank you for your replies! I enjoy bio and chem currently (yes it’s sometimes hard work but interesting) and am doing geography as my 3rd and it’s not that I don’t like geography coz gcse geography was amazing but I dunno whether it’s my alevel teacher or the way the school has structured the lessons but it’s very dull and answering questions seem difficult compared to gcse as for gcse If its six marks and says to what extent write two points and develop and then give your view and a secret good point but I’m not understanding the alevel geography exam techniques and what the hell we’re doing (coasts currently) tbh I’m worried whether the school has enough resources and will prepare us well. That’s why sometimes i think maybe it was better to pick a more popular subject like psychology coz it means that more students do it so the school is forced to have a good psychology department
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (78)
26.62%
No - I have already returned home (35)
11.95%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (58)
19.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.58%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
31.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise