The Student Room Group

Partner won’t let me follow him on insta

So me and my partner (both 23) have been together for over 3 years now. We have been through a lot together and have 2 kids and live together.

I’m just wondering what some of you guys opinions are on this subject. I’m not a big social media person I only have a personal instagram that I share photos of my kids and a Snapchat. However he deleted his family insta completely and has this other Instagram account just dedicated to himself. Some fitness posts and body selfies. He doesn’t post on it regularly but uses this account everyday and has many people he knows on it. At first he only used this account to get female attention and I was blocked from the account but would catch him following girls that he had met on there and dming them flirting etc etc. Anyways I’ve never been allowed to follow it and the reason is that he says I’m ‘crazy’. That’s his justification for not allowing me because apparently I’m crazy for all the times I questioned a random girl on that account or saw him contacting them inappropriately behind my back.

I’ve put up with it for a long time and just accepted it but we recently had a break and when he came back he swore that he’d be open with that account and let me follow it. Well it’s been a few weeks now and he still refuses to accept me. I don’t want to have to keep bringing this subject up to him as I feel it’s immature and I’ve got much bigger things to focus on in my life. But I’m getting quite fed up now that my partner / father of my children / person I live with and in a serious committed relationship with will not allow me to follow him on social media. Besides the fact that I am completely hidden in general from him.

He never once posts me on his Snapchat ( won’t even get my foot in one of the snaps even if we are out on a family day ) yet he posts himself and his life everyday on there.

I feel completely hidden and I just can’t understand what the problem is. I know he hid it all before because he was contacting girls behind my back but that’s all stopped now. He will show me if I ask him now but refuses to let me follow.

Opinions please
He's probably talking to girls on Instagram and Snapchat. If he never shows you, he's probably hiding you from potential people.

This is more likely considering you said you've caught him contacting girls before.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
He's probably talking to girls on Instagram and Snapchat. If he never shows you, he's probably hiding you from potential people.

This is more likely considering you said you've caught him contacting girls before.

That makes 100% sense but the thing is that now he will be open with his phone if I ask to see something he will show me and he did unfollow most of the girls on there. But he just still refuses to let me follow. Before he wouldn’t even show me anything on his phone. And I’ve also seen the people on his snap he got rid of most of the girls on there and it’s mainly just his mates and work colleagues so I don’t understand why he still can’t post me? I’m not asking to be showed off but he literally won’t get any part of me in any snap. He will post our kids but not me. Could there be any other reason? He never had a problem at the start of our relationship he would always show me off
I believe he is very immature for a farther of 2 even if you guys are 23. If he is as commited as you, tell him straight up and say that this is unnecessary if he is not hiding anything. To be honest focus on your life and kids, work your way out of the situation.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I believe he is very immature for a farther of 2 even if you guys are 23. If he is as commited as you, tell him straight up and say that this is unnecessary if he is not hiding anything. To be honest focus on your life and kids, work your way out of the situation.

I have told him this but I don’t reallt get a reaction from him. He never has much to reply. He said he will delete the account eventually but that he’s not accepting me because I’m crazy. That’s the most I get out of him and when I questioned him today why he could snapchat a video of a female colleague from work but constantly hides me he just told me to shut up. It would only turn into an argument making me look like the petty one for fighting about social media. I can’t be bothered but at the same time I don’t want to be hidden. If we are a family we should be proud of each other
Why are you ALL anonymous?? This is ridiculous!

Anyway op it's sketchy indeed
Reply 6
Original post by Bang Outta Order

You’re a guy I take it? Well what do you think about this? As he’s the only guy I’ve been with I kinda just assume everything he does is normal of guys.
sad to say but i think he is likely still cheating if he is blocking you. Extremely suspicious. Wish all the best, but not sure what advice to offer, sorry :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Bang Outta Order

Because it's an Alcholics Anonymous meeting? :ninja: :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest