The Student Room Group

I hate sixth form, but have no other options

Ive just started sixth form, and chosen 3 subjects (sociology, geography and psychology), but have started to realise that I hate the 12 hour days 5 days a week and find all my lessons boring. This has led me to missing lessons and not doing homework or being motivated to do any work at all. I did quite well in my GCSE’s, but I have no idea what else I would want to do, whether it be A-Levels or not. I also have no idea what I want to do after education either. Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.
Reply 1
how did you choose socio, psych and geog? Did you stick a pin in a list or did you know what the subjects can be like from reading around? Perhaps you did a bit of both...feel free to tell us more :smile:

the reason for asking is that people tend to do better at something they find interesting. You might find socio psych and geog interesting, but maybe not in the manner your teachers are approaching the subject. If that is the problem, you could continue reading around the subject outside class.

Quick Reply

Latest