KA2018
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,

I am in my final year of sixth form and I am planning to go to university to study computer science. To further increase my knowledge about the subject and the work-life I was wondering if I could get a summer internships after my A-Levels. I have had a look but they are mostly only available for university students. So my question is, is it really realistic that I will be able to find a summer internship after sixth form and before uni??

many thanks,
lia_r18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are some internships that allow for sixth-form leavers to take part, but the number of these available will be influenced by where you live.

You could try speaking to a company in your area that you're interested in and ask if they offer summer internships, or see if they would take you on for a shorter period of time for work experience.
KA2018
Rep:
?
(Original post by lia_r18)
There are some internships that allow for sixth-form leavers to take part, but the number of these available will be influenced by where you live.

You could try speaking to a company in your area that you're interested in and ask if they offer summer internships, or see if they would take you on for a shorter period of time for work experience.
I live in reading which is south west but idm travelling to London.
KA2018
Rep:
?
(Original post by KA2018)
I live in reading which is south west but idm travelling to London.
South east*
KA2018
Rep:
?
Is there like a specific site you would recommend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (33)
34.74%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
9.47%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
4.21%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (27)
28.42%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (14)
14.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (8)
8.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed