Oxford History Aptitude Test?

Watch this thread
honestly
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am comfortable with producing points in relation to the source question.

I just want to know, how do I group these paragraphs? I know on the guidance they stress it's not a overall argument essay, it's looking for ideas and thoughts.

How do i start/opening paragraph? I can write paragraphs for each point but don't know how to introduce or end.

Please help.
kitbyf
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I’m in the same boat as you, doing my HAT this year for 2020 entry! As I’m sure you know, examples and guides on structure are really difficult to find, but so far what I’ve been doing is “introducing” informally, by discussing how you can answer the question based on the few introductive lines they give you. Eg. in the 2018 one, saying about how the opinions of three privileged and educated white men develops your knowledge on cultural/social values. Conclusion wise, I would say don’t bother unless you have time - the most important parts are your ideas and general clarity. If you do want to though, summarise your points in answer to the question, much like you would a normal essay, and maybe put in a bit about its limitations or provenance if you haven’t already.
Hope this helped let me know how you get on!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (41)
32.03%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (59)
46.09%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.78%

Watched Threads