The Student Room Group

GUYS - what would you do if an ugly girl asked you out??

Would you ridicule them, or just say no and keep it moving, or say yes out of pity???

Every guy says “its 2019, girls should ask guys out”, but I feel like guys are soo picky and unpredictable (a lot of guys I know flirt with girls just for fun), so of course its hard for girls to ask guys out (yes I know some girls can hard too but I feel like generally we’re more empathetic)
I've someone I wasn't attracted to asked me out I'd do my best to politely say I wasn't interested.
Looks aren't everything to me so I'd try it. Imagine if we connected really well and I no longer thought of her as the "ugly girl".
Well if I was asked out by a girl who wasn't attractive in my opinion I would do the right thing and reject them (politely of course).

There is nothing wrong with asking a guy out, it's just trying your luck. The worst case scenario he will reject you in a horrible way in which case you know he wasn't worth bothering with. Best case you have a relationship together.

But remember, different boys will be attracted to different girls so what is ugly an unatractive in ones eyes, is beautiful in anothers.

Don't worry to much, the right guy is out there.

Oh and when I say attractive I do mean looks and personality of course
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by DeseanDwyer
Looks aren't everything to me so I'd try it. Imagine if we connected really well and I no longer thought of her as the "ugly girl".

You’d try it even if you didnt find her attractive at that time??
Original post by Anonymous
You’d try it even if you didnt find her attractive at that time??

Why not? It's a new experience.
Original post by DeseanDwyer

Wokest TSR user of the day award goes to you!
i'm not sure what i'd do, but more about how i'd feel - i would cringe to the extreme and feel very uncomfortable
Reply 8
Original post by A Rolling Stone
i'm not sure what i'd do, but more about how i'd feel - i would cringe to the extreme and feel very uncomfortable

Uncomfortable why??😂
Would you ridicule them, or just say no and keep it moving, or say yes out of pity???

Every guy says “its 2019, girls should ask guys out”, but I feel like guys are soo picky and unpredictable (a lot of guys I know flirt with girls just for fun), so of course its hard for girls to ask guys out (yes I know some girls can hard too but I feel like generally we’re more empathetic)

If you ridicule them then you're the ugly one
Original post by fish finger fan
Well if I was asked out by a girl who wasn't attractive in my opinion I would do the right thing and reject them (politely of course).

There is nothing wrong with asking a guy out, it's just trying your luck. The worst case scenario he will reject you in a horrible way in which case you know he wasn't worth bothering with. Best case you have a relationship together.

But remember, different boys will be attracted to different girls so what is ugly an unatractive in ones eyes, is beautiful in anothers.

Don't worry to much, the right guy is out there.

Oh and when I say attractive I do mean looks and personality of course

This basically, beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I was in yr 7 and 8 and in one of my classes there was a girl that i just casually talked to for basic things (my hormones were stable then) and one day i was with my friends and one of her friends told me that she liked me , i was'nt attracted at all so i said no and she has been in my lessons since and its very awkward , im in year 11 now
I would run fast, lol.

Seriously, I think girls that are ugly will have a hell of a lot less guys interested in them in all honesty since most guys go by looks. That's not to say that all guys would find you a turn off. An attractive girl for example may have 80 out of every 100 guys find her hot and want to date whereas an ugly girl may have only 1 guy out of every 100 who isn't bothered about how she looks or possibly like the way she looks. That's just to give you a rough idea, the actual stats are not necessarily precisely that but that sort of concept.

That said women can have kids and so guys can be interested in that in terms of having family, ugly guys don't have that bonus so think yourself lucky :wink:

As above poster said one person letting on at school/College or at work can be very awkward as you're stuck around them if they are dismissive, yet that is where most people come into contact with many others.

I personally would just talk to them over a fairly long period of time and see how you get on. Big statements on declarations of love are what we are brought up with but in reality I reckon are the worst way for most people. Better to get to just know the person and see if it naturally rolls into something more.

Hot girls & guys can lay it all on the line in my opinion as their chances of being knocked back are way lower plus even if they are there are loads of other options for them who are willing to date them so it's unlikely to be any skin off their nose.
Just politely decline, no need to ridicule her that’s just unnecessary

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending