The Student Room Group

A Level Difficulty

What A level do you guys think is the hardest?
Spanish/French/German or physics
Reply 2
math or physics
further maths, a language, chemistry or physics. I heard those subjects make people go insane
Original post by crusty kebab
further maths, a language, chemistry or physics. I heard those subjects make people go insane

So have I haha!
Original post by crooler
math or physics

hated physics at GCSE!!
A-Level Hair & Makeup.
Original post by Anonymous1348
What A level do you guys think is the hardest?

Speaking for myself it was Latin. A subject I didn't become comfortable with, all what I still know are some vocabularies and special grammar. :rolleyes:
To echo @Kallisto, I imagine A level Latin or Ancient Greek would be rather tough.
Original post by Quick-use
To echo @Kallisto, I imagine A level Latin or Ancient Greek would be rather tough.

Thanks, at least one who understands me and agree. My main problem with this ancient language was the memorisation of declension and conjugation and the lots of vacabularies to learn. I wonder what was your toughest difficulty at it.
Reply 10
Further maths or any dead languages (latin, greek)
Original post by Kallisto
Thanks, at least one who understands me and agree. My main problem with this ancient language was the memorisation of declension and conjugation and the lots of vacabularies to learn. I wonder what was your toughest difficulty at it.

I'm actually rather envious that you had the opportunity to study a subject like Latin (even if it was really difficult). My school barely offered anything.

I really struggled with the sciences at school. I just couldn't grasp the content, especially because I had no interest in them. I enjoyed maths but really struggled with anything even closely related to geometry.

If I could re-do my subjects and I was able to pick anything, I would have probably done the following: Classical Civilisation, History, Latin, Ancient Greek, Chinese Mandarin and Economics... :shy2:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Quick-use
I'm actually rather envious that you had the opportunity to study a subject like Latin (even if it was really difficult). My school barely offered anything. :s-smilie:

I really struggled with the sciences at school. I just couldn't grasp the content, especially because I had no interest in them. I enjoyed maths but really struggled with anything even closely related to geometry.

If I could re-do my subjects and I was able to pick anything, I would have probably done the following: Classical Civilisation, History, Latin, Ancient Greek, Chinese Mandarin and Economics... :shy2:

I really have taken it because of the lack of offered subjects. I had the choice between French and Latin as (required!) second foreign language, that is why I have decied for Latin. Also because I was interest in Ancient Roman times. :smile:

All the sciences were my favorite subjects and was so grateful that I got my combination for triple sciences. :h: I liked the method of learning by logical thinking and discussion about the issues as a mix. It is like being a detective to come to the solutions sometimes.

Quick Reply

Latest