Twenty15girl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey All
I am so ready and determined now, now I am committed to completing my degree at University of Essex and ready to take on the challenge. I have already completed the enrolment and finally the student finance is done. Things are gonna be good this year I can feel it coming.

Although I am staying at home, the commuting is fine, I have done a lot preparation and really got myself into place where, I am a lot more of adult, there’s no way I am going to fail this year. I have had enough of saying to myself “that can wait, I will do this tomorrow” or getting up at 11am and wondering why half the day is over. So now is the day. I get my ass out of bed at 8 am.
I have also installed various applications on my iPhone that really help, for example. I use Forest and Hold so I dont use my iPhone when I’m working away on something and I also use it as timer to get self settled and also keep a log of my study days. I have also installed moodle, logged into emails and pocketessex, so I am officially ready.

I have also just started doing some pre-reading and I have also made a start on the reading materials as i already had the books on the kindle, I have spent the last 4 days including the weekend familarising myself with the key concepts and first couple of chapters and i have logged all of my deadlines and signed up to few societies while I have been online. For me its always good to get some key reading done as it gives me that chance to get a headstart.

My bag is already packed so there’s only my iPad i need to put in and headphones. I have still got to sort out the railcard and dbs, but those can wait till 18th as most of my funds are gone.

See you all later
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Woohoo you can do this :rave:

What course are you on?
Twenty15girl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey
I am studying a BA Social Work and now I am finally on the degree things are looking up, no more having to think about the dole queue and at least now I have sufficient reason to feel stressed, anxious and overwhelmed, so today is I’m going to finish off with more pre-reading material they have given us access to and enjoy a bit of me time before I start officially tomorrow morning.
I have practiced getting up early morning even at weekends. I even get up before my alarm clock now. It’s something I do automatically, no lays in bed for me anymore or sluggish behaviour.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Twenty15girl Hello! How's things going for you this week?
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Crying into a gin, maybe.
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Reality Check coming in with a reality check :excited:
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, that's my week - you're getting confused :lol:
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
hahaha I get that! Is 3pm too early for one, do you think?
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Stuck in AdminCP, sending help :console:
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hahaha I get that! Is 3pm too early for one, do you think?
Umm.... drink responsibly?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (138)
54.12%
18-20 years old (no) (31)
12.16%
20-25 years old (yes) (40)
15.69%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.57%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.06%