tay_tay3000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey! My mocks are after Christmas, but I want to get really high marks. When should I start revising?
kkai
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
now?
framstutz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Anytime from now really, but make sure you pace yourself with a timetable, theres no point doing 5 hours a night right now when you'll just burn out before the mocks.
Also remember that these are mocks and should e a learning opportunity. After them, if you feel you did too much/ too little revision or the revision style was wrong, then that's ok just make sure you adjust for the real thing
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I would start now but remember an hour a day is sufficient enough - especially at this stage.
ChristineVong2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I think you should revise now.
Iqra_hussain216
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Start revising now
Everyday even if it’s a little amount and after these mocks are done, don’t allow yourself to forget the information you revised because otherwise you’ll have to relearn it or ‘revise’ it all again which will be time consuming. To make sure you don’t forget it make sure you go over the content every 3 days and actively recall it through exam questions or blurting
Iqra_hussain216
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Revise for the subjects that take the longest to revise for first or the ones you’re weakest in
Biology,chemistry and physics and subjects like history and possibly English lit would be the best subjects just to make sure you know everything for because they’re so time consuming to revise because of the large amount of content to learn
Jacob985
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
To be honest you don't really need to revise for mocks, as they're not even that important. I didn't revise for my mocks and came out with mostly As, a couple Bs and a C. If anything having bad mocks is a good motivator, for when it comes to revising for your actual GCSEs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?