The Student Room Group

Using a Psychology degree for a MSc in sports therapy?

I've recently finished my degree and ended up with a 2:2, something I'm not too happy about as computer issues related to an assignment basically resulted in me getting capped 40% on a module which brought my overall grade down from what would have been a 2:1.

I'm at a stage in life where I've got a below average 2:2 degree in a subject I don't have huge interest in. Therefore I'm looking at taking a year out in getting experience and looking to do a masters degree in sports & exercise therapy.

The issue I have is that i'm unsure to whether or not universities that offer post grad MSCs accept psychology as a related degree to which I could use to get on to a post graduate course for this subject.

For example "Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Physiotherapy, Sports Science, Sport and Exercise Science or Sports Therapy, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for,"

I'm unsure to what the second part to this entry requirement statement means? would psychology be classed as a non-cognate subject?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
(edited 4 years ago)
The only way of knowing is by asking the university directly

Quick Reply

Latest