What to do. Want to marry non islamic girl

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Imma keep this short

Me and my gf been together for 6 years. We are both 25 now and looking to get married.
However im muslim and she an athiest.

In islam it says our kids have to be Muslim but shes not onboard. It hurts bc i rlly want to be with her forever
THALCEDONY
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Imma keep this short

Me and my gf been together for 6 years. We are both 25 now and looking to get married.

In islam it says our kids have to be Muslim but shes not onboard. It hurts bc i rlly want to be with her forever
As an Atheist I can understand why she wouldn't want her children to be Muslim-they should have the freedom to choose what religion they wish to join rather than forced to be in one from birth, not to mention that the concept of religion is all bullshyet anyways (that's my opinion). Choose your girlfriend or your religion; we can't do it for you. Personally I would choose my gf.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Imma keep this short

She should able to respect your decision honestly
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People choose their own religion based on their personal faith in God, not their parents.
Islam is one of the few religions that is totally clear about this "no compulsion in religion".
If you decide to marry your girlfriend, you can teach any children you have about your religion and they can make their own decision about their religious beliefs.

I believe in interfaith marriage, I was born as a result of one.
If I have children I will teach them what all the abrahamic religions, hinduism, sikhism and many other religions believe.
I don't expect any future children to automatically share my religious beliefs.
Just as I don't expect anyone else to automatically share my political beliefs or favourite foods.
My parents have very different beliefs about religion; my father is militant atheist and my mother from an ultra-traditionalist catholic family.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads