Rabiaaa0-o
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, I'm planning on taking food preparation and nutrition as my GCSE and I've heard people saying that you need to do a lot of course work. What do they include and are they hard? Since it's going to be my year 11 I need to focus more on my compulsory subjects and I can't spend much time on my side GCSEs I want to get an idea of how hard it is. Thank you
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rabiaaa0-o)
Hey guys, I'm planning on taking food preparation and nutrition as my GCSE and I've heard people saying that you need to do a lot of course work. What do they include and are they hard? Since it's going to be my year 11 I need to focus more on my compulsory subjects and I can't spend much time on my side GCSEs I want to get an idea of how hard it is. Thank you
I think you should divide your work up on each subject equally, food preparation and nutrition is still a worthy GCSE to have.

In terms of the work load, I believe the coursework is 75% and then you have exams in May to fill the 25% of examinations. What is your exam board? And have you had a look at their specification for this subject? Their is a lot of coursework but it’s manageable and can be quite interesting- in terms of what I’ve heard from other people’s opinions.
Rabiaaa0-o
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I don't know the exam board for the subject but I'll ask the teacher tomorrow, thankss
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
I think you should divide your work up on each subject equally, food preparation and nutrition is still a worthy GCSE to have.

In terms of the work load, I believe the coursework is 75% and then you have exams in May to fill the 25% of examinations. What is your exam board? And have you had a look at their specification for this subject? Their is a lot of coursework but it’s manageable and can be quite interesting- in terms of what I’ve heard from other people’s opinions.
It's 50% exam and 50% NEA. No GCSEs are more than 50% coursework any more.
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/food...on-at-a-glance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (64)
32.82%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27.69%
No (52)
26.67%
I'm not sure (25)
12.82%

Watched Threads